8 July 1970 |
Inishmore, County Galway
|Occupation||Television presenter and journalist|
|Known for||Presenting work on RTÉ, TV3 and TG4.|
The Afternoon Show
|Spouse(s)||John Deasy (2005 – )|
Derrane is a from Inishmore, County Galway. She previously worked as a researcher for RTÉ News in Galway. In 1996 she moved to TG4 as a news reporter. From 1998 she worked for TV3 News. She worked as a news reporter and crime correspondent.
Derrane presented The Afternoon Show from October 2009 with Sheana Keane. The programme was dropped after the launch of the 2010 new season of RTÉ Television, and replaced by two other afternoon chat shows. Four Live was presented by Derrane, and was followed by The Daily Show presented by Dáithí Ó Sé and Claire Byrne. These ended in March 2012.
- Dwyer, Ciara (10 August 2008). "There's no holding her back". Sunday Independent. Retrieved 6 August 2010.
- "The Afternoon Show: Presenters". RTÉ.ie. Archived from the original on 6 August 2010. Retrieved 6 August 2010.
- "Maura Derrane - TV Presenter". NK Management. Retrieved 6 August 2010.
- McGreevy, Ronan (6 August 2010). "RTÉ bucks recession with more investment in home-made documentaries and drama". The Irish Times (Dublin). Retrieved 6 August 2010.
- "RTÉ Television announces new season". RTÉ.ie. 5 August 2010. Retrieved 6 August 2010.
- Moore, Leanne (6 December 2011). "Claire, Daithi and Maura won't be back". Evening Herald. Retrieved 6 December 2011.
- Hogan, Louise (15 September 2012). "RTÉ brings back familiar faces for new live show". Irish Independent (Independent News & Media). Retrieved 15 September 2012.