Maureen C. Stone
Stone has bachelors and masters degrees from the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign and another masters degree from the California Institute of Technology. She worked for many years at Xerox PARC; after leaving PARC, she founded a consulting firm in the Seattle, Washington area in 1998, and is an adjunct professor in the School for Interactive Arts and Technology at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, Canada.
Stone began working in computer graphics in the early 1970s, as part of the PLATO project at the University of Illinois. She is the author of the book A Field Guide to Digital Color, and has performed pioneering research on color management for digital printing. She has also collaborated with colleagues from PARC on research in human–computer interaction; some of her highly cited works in this area concern snapping to nearby objects in point and click interfaces, transparent user interface elements, and interaction with high-resolution video displays.
- Bier, Eric A.; Stone, Maureen C. (1986), "Snap-dragging", Proceedings of the 13th annual conference on Computer graphics and interactive techniques, SIGGRAPH '86, New York, NY, USA: ACM, pp. 233–240, doi:10.1145/15922.15912, ISBN 0-89791-196-2.
- Stone, Maureen C.; Cowan, William B.; Beatty, John C. (1988), "Color gamut mapping and the printing of digital color images", ACM Transactions on Graphics 7 (4): 249–292, doi:10.1145/46165.48045.
- Bier, Eric A.; Stone, Maureen C.; Pier, Ken; Buxton, William; DeRose, Tony D. (1993), "Toolglass and magic lenses: the see-through interface", Proceedings of the 20th annual conference on Computer graphics and interactive techniques, SIGGRAPH '93, New York, NY, USA: ACM, pp. 73–80, doi:10.1145/166117.166126, ISBN 0-89791-601-8.
- Guimbretière, François; Stone, Maureen; Winograd, Terry (2001), "Fluid interaction with high-resolution wall-size displays", Proceedings of the 14th annual ACM symposium on User interface software and technology, UIST '01, New York, NY, USA: ACM, pp. 21–30, doi:10.1145/502348.502353, ISBN 1-58113-438-X.
- Guizzo, Erico (August 2004), "Coming Soon: Trillion-Color TV. Technology promises to bring the color of cinema to home TV sets", IEEE Spectrum.
- Meeting participants, CLIR/NEH Symposium September 15, 2008, Council on Library and Information Resources, retrieved 2012-10-05.
- Stone Soup Consulting, retrieved 2012-10-05.
- Ju, Wendy (July 22, 2002), Interview with Maureen Stone, Reports from SIGGRAPH 2002.
- Dill, John C.; Stone, Maureen C. (2007), "In with the New, Out with the Old", IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications 27 (2): 6, doi:10.1109/mcg.2007.40.
- Stone, Maureen; Taubin, Gabriel (2010), "Goodbye, Hello", IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications 30 (1): 6–7, doi:10.1109/mcg.2010.7.
- Kravetz, Alan (2006), "Book Review: A Field Guide to Digital Color", Color Research & Application 31 (5): 436–437, doi:10.1002/col.20249.
- Stone, Cowan & Beatty (1988).
- Bier & Stone (1986).
- Bier et al. (1993).
- Guimbretière, Stone & Winograd (2001).