Maurice-Tièche Comprehensive School
|Maurice-Tièche Comprehensive School
L’Ensemble Scolaire Maurice-Tièche
|545 chemin de Bottecreux
BP 74, France
|School type||Private, Co-educational, Boarding school|
|Age||2 to 18|
|Average class size||20 students|
|Accreditation(s)||Adventist Accrediting Association|
|School fees||Years 7 to 10 - €867 (term)
Years 11 to 13 - €1024 (term)
L’Ensemble Scolaire Maurice-Tièche or Maurice Tièche Comprehensive School is a K-13 co-educational, Christian private school owned by the Seventh-day Adventist Church in the region Collonges-sous-Salève of France. It teaches pupils of primary, junior high and senior high school age. The school also has a nursery school offering care to 2 year-olds.
The Maurice-Tièche primary school was founded in 1936 by Maurice Tièche, a graduate from the historic University of Paris (commonly referred to as La Sorbonne). In October 1946, the first year 7 (6ème) class was opened. In October 1948, the rest of the junior high school was opened and the school was renamed Le Cours Complémentaire du Séminaire Adventiste. In 1953, the junior high school became a secondary school under the name le Cours Secondaire. Over 100 pupils were enrolled at that time. In 1973, the secondary school adopted the name Cours Privé Maurice Tièche, then some years later, it became Lycée Privé Maurice Tièche.
The Section Etudes et Sports de Montagne (Studies and Mountain Sports section) of the school allows pupils to combine their high school studies and their passion for mountain sports together. Preparatory classes start at year 9 but it is possible for students to take up the cycle in senior high school.
The school has three Baccalauréat général streams in which students can specialise in:
- S Scientifique (sciences)
- ES Sciences économiques et sociales (economics and social sciences)
- L littéraire (literature)
The students in première (Year 12) and terminale (Year 13) are generally in classes of 12 in each of their respective streams. In certain subjects such as French where the programme is joint, students come together to form classes of a maximum of 24 students. This allows teachers to track individual students and address many of their questions.
- List of schools in France
- List of Seventh-day Adventist secondary and elementary schools
- Saleve Adventist University
- "Adventist Yearbook". General Conference Office of Statistics & Archives. Retrieved 2009-07-19
- "History". Maurice Tieche Combined School. Retrieved 2009-07-19
- "About Alfred Vaucher Library". Alfred Vaucher Library. Retrieved 2009-07-19
- "Section Etudes et Sports de Montagne". Maurice Tieche Combined School. Retrieved 2009-07-19
- "Lycée". Maurice Tieche Combined School. Retrieved 2009-07-19