Harkless playing for the Orlando Magic in 2012
|No. 21 – Orlando Magic|
May 11, 1993 |
New York City, New York
|Nationality||American / Puerto Rican|
|Listed height||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Listed weight||220 lb (100 kg)|
|High school||Forest Hills
(New York City, New York)
South Kent School
(South Kent, Connecticut)
|College||St. John's (2011–2012)|
|NBA draft||2012 / Round: 1 / Pick: 15th overall|
|Selected by the Philadelphia 76ers|
|Pro playing career||2012–present|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Maurice José "Moe" Harkless (born May 11, 1993) is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for the Orlando Magic of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for the St. John's Red Storm. He was selected with the 15th overall pick in the first round of the 2012 NBA Draft. Harkless, whose maternal grandparents are from Puerto Rico, is a member of the Puerto Rico national basketball team.
In Harkless's sophomore and junior seasons at Forest Hills High School, he earned all-metro honors from both the New York Daily News and New York Post. In his junior season at Forest Hills, he was also named the New York Daily News Queens High School Player of the Year after averaging 16.5 points and 11.5 rebounds per game. Moe played at South Kent High School his senior year and averaged 27.2 points, 13.6 rebounds and 4.2 assists per game.
In Harkless's freshman season at St. John's, he averaged 15.5 points and 8.6 rebounds per game. He was also named the Big East Conference Men's Basketball Rookie of the Year. Following his freshman season for the Red Storm, Harkless declared for the 2012 NBA Draft.
On June 28, 2012, Harkless was selected 15th overall in the 2012 NBA Draft by the Philadelphia 76ers. On August 10, 2012, Harkless was traded to the Orlando Magic in a blockbuster trade that sent Dwight Howard to the Los Angeles Lakers and brought Andrew Bynum to the 76ers.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- "PUR - Harkless to bolster Puerto Rico squad". fiba.com. January 30, 2014. Archived from the original on March 4, 2014.
- "Moe Harkless Profile". St. John's University official athletic site. Retrieved 19 June 2012.
- "Moe Harkless leaving St. John's Red Storm early for NBA Draft". espn.go.com. Retrieved 19 June 2012.
- Moe Harkless of St. John's Red Storm will consider entering NBA draft - ESPN New York
- "It's official: Howard dealt to Lakers in four-team trade". NBA.com. 2012-08-10. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Moe Harkless Joining the Puerto Rican National Team". Federación de Baloncesto de Puerto Rico. 2014-01-29. Retrieved 2014-01-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Moe Harkless.|