Maurice (or Morris) Wynn or Morys Wynn ap John of Gwydir (in or before 1520 – 18 August 1580) was a Welsh courtier and politician.
In 1551, he married Jane (Sian) Bulkeley. From his first marriage he had three sons, including John Wynn, 1st Baronet and Ellis Wynn and five daughters, including Margaret, who married Thomas Salisbury. His second marriage was to Anne Greville, who died c.1570.
- Edward Wynn. Married Blanche Vaughan.
- Siân (Jane) Wynn (d.1665). Married Simon Thelwall.
- Morris Wynn (b.1563, d. 1609)
- Robert Wynn
He was the Custos Rotulorum of Caernarvonshire bef. 1562 – aft. 1577. He was High Sheriff of Caernarvonshire for 1554 and elected the Member of Parliament (MP) for Caernarvonshire in October 1553, April 1554 and 1563.
- ODNB, Wynn family (per. c.1465–1678), landowners) by J. Gwynfor Jones
- ODNB, Katheryn of Berain [called Mam Cymru] (c 1540-1591), gentlewoman by Enid Roberts
- RootsWeb citing several key resources
- The History of the Gwydir Family, p. 49
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Wynn family (per. c.1465–1678), landowners by J. Gwynfor Jones.
- The History of the Gwydir Family, John Wynne, Woodall and Venables, 1878.
John "Wynn" ap Maredudd
|Head of the House of Aberffraw
Sir John Wynn, 1st Baronet
|This article about a Welsh politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|