|Sait Akarlılar, founder, CEO
|Revenue||$747 Million (2014/TL)|
Mavi Jeans is a brand of denim jeans founded in 1991, based in Istanbul, Turkey. The company manufactures jeans for both women and men, targeting a younger age group. The global operation is headquartered in Turkey, with subsidiaries in the USA, Canada, Germany, Netherlands, Russia and Australia.
Celebrities who wear this brand of jeans include Kate Winslet and Chelsea Clinton. In 2012, Adriana Lima signed a contract with Mavi for a marketing campaign, recording a series of commercials. The campaign was so successful, that the sales increased 50%.
- Corporate, Mavi USA, retrieved 21 May 2014
- Fass, Allison (9 August 2001). "Two jeans makers want to capitalize on the All-American comfort and fit of denim slacks". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-02-01.
- "Three Economic Lessons Imported From Turkey". Time. 9 February 2012.
- Adriana Lima comes to act in commercial, Hürriyet Daily News, 6 March 2013
- Adriana Lima: Supermodel of the Year with a Golden Heart, Women Fitness, 30 September 2013