|Parliamentary Constituency||East Rural Saint Andrew|
|• Estimate (2009)||1,787|
The town takes its name from a surrounding coffee estate (itself named after a historic house in Scotland) which has been owned by the Munn family for many years and is the main employer in the area. One of the coffees produced by the estate is Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee.
- Smith, Andrew (2007-08-31). "East Rural St Andrew - Development desired". Kingston, Jamaica: Jamaica Gleaner. Retrieved 30 November 2009.
- "Mavis Bank". Archived from the original on 10 February 2013., World Gazetteer.
- UK Directorate of Overseas Surveys 1:50,000 map of Jamaica sheet L, 1967.
- Knibb Sibley, Inez (1978). Dictionary of Place-Names in Jamaica (1st ed.). Kingston, Jamaica: Institute of Jamaica. p. 107.
- "Mavis Bank Coffee Factory". Blue Mountain Coffee, Inc. Retrieved 30 November 2009.