||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009)|
Armstrong co-hosts with Orion Samuelson the Saturday Morning Show and formerly Noon Show on WGN radio in Chicago.
Armstrong is one of the most widely recognized and highly regarded agricultural journalists in America. He is director of broadcasting for Penton/Farm Progress Companies; co-host of the television show This Week in AgriBusiness, seen across the United States each weekend; and he helps host a weekly hour-long ag program on Chicago radio powerhouse WGN. Millions of farmers, ranchers and consumers have viewed Armstrong's TV programs and heard his radio broadcasts during his nearly 40 years of industry experience.
Since August 2005, Armstrong has been co-host and co-founder of This Week in AgriBusiness, a weekly television show owned and produced with Orion Samuelson.
Since July 2009, Armstrong has also been director of broadcasting for Penton Farm Progress. He produces and hosts the Farm Progress America and Max Armstrong’s Midwest Digest daily radio programs.
Armstrong also currently works as a freelance voice-over announcer through his company Super M, Inc.
He co-hosts with Samuelson the Saturday Morning Show and formerly Noon Show on WGN radio in Chicago, and This Week in Agribusiness on RFD-TV and in television syndication. Armstrong also hosts a three-minute feature, "Farming America", on the Tribune Radio Network; it is usually paired with Samuelson's National Farm Report.
From 1977 to 2009, Armstrong was the agri-business broadcaster for WGN Radio.
From 2000 to 2012, Armstrong was the voice-over announcer and host of live shows for RFD-TV. His voice was heard on hundreds of spots and promos as well as hosting live shows on the channel for companies such as John Deere, Merck Animal Health, and SFP.
Max Armstrong's Tractor App
In August 2013, Max Armstrong's Tractor App was released for free download via iTunes and Google Play. It is the first vintage tractor app of its kind for vintage tractor enthusiasts. Users will hear Armstrong’s distinctive voice inviting them to the app version of his popular TV segment “Max’s Tractor Shed,” to play “Tractor Trivia” and “What Engine is This?” games, and tune into his daily Midwest Digest reports on Farm Progress America Radio. Ringtones featuring Armstrong's voice are also available for download through the app
List of honors and awards
- American Farm Managers Service Award, 2008
- National FFA Honorary American Degree, 2007
- Indiana Prairie Farmer Magazine Honorary Master Farmer, 2006
- Purdue Univ. Old Masters Program Honoree, 2005
- Ill. Farm Bureau Eagle Award For Excellence, 2005
- Purdue Ag Alumni Association, Award Of Distinction, 2004
- Natural Resources Conservation Service, Academy Award Winner, 2003
- Ill. Governor’s Conference On Tourism, Media Friend Of Tourism, 2003
- Sagamore Of The Wabash Award from Indiana Governor Frank O’Bannon, 2002
- National Association Of Farm Broadcasters Farm Broadcaster Of The Year, 2001
- Oscar In Agriculture, 2001 and 1993
- Alpha Gamma Rho, honorary member, Univ. of Wisc., 2000
- National Ag Marketing Assoc., Ag Communicator Of The Year, 1995
- American Ag Editors Association Master Writer Award, 1994
- American Soybean Assoc. Communications Award, 1990
- National Corn Growers Assoc. President’s Award, 1989
- National Pork Producers Council, Communications Award, 1988
- "Tribune Radio Networks". Retrieved 2010-03-19.