December 4, 1991 |
Waianae, Hawaii, USA
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight||145 lb (66 kg; 10 st 5 lb)|
|Reach||70 in (178 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Waianae, Hawaii|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Mixed martial arts career
Early MMA Career
At the age of 19, Holloway had amassed a record of 4-0. He gained recognition as the #7 featherweight prospect in Bloody Elbow's 2012 World MMA Scouting Report and has even been compared to current UFC and former WEC light-weight champion Anthony Pettis, due to his ability to incorporate a wide array of flying and spinning kicks, knees and elbows into his striking game.
His early career was highlighted by a split decision win over former Strikeforce and WEC veteran Harris Sarimento on March 12, 2011, earning himself the lightweight strap for the Hawaii based X-1 promotion.
Max Holloway currently trains out of Gracie Technics/MMAD in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Holloway made his promotional debut as an injury replacement for Ricardo Lamas at UFC 143 on February 4, 2012 against Dustin Poirier. He lost the fight via submission (mounted triangle armbar) in the first round.
In his second fight, Holloway faced Pat Schilling on June 1, 2012 at The Ultimate Fighter 15 Finale. After a dominant performance where he almost finished Schilling several times, Holloway won via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
Holloway faced promotional newcomer Will Chope on January 4, 2014 at UFC Fight Night 34. He won the fight via TKO in the second round. The win also earned Holloway his first Knockout of the Night bonus.
Championships and Accomplishments
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Knockout of the Night (One time)
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|11 matches||8 wins||3 losses|
|Win||8–3||Will Chope||TKO (punches)||UFC Fight Night: Saffiedine vs. Lim||January 4, 2014||2||2:27||Marina Bay, Singapore||Knockout of the Night.|
|Loss||7–3||Conor McGregor||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Sonnen||August 17, 2013||3||5:00||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Loss||7–2||Dennis Bermudez||Decision (split)||UFC 160||May 25, 2013||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||7–1||Leonard Garcia||Decision (split)||UFC 155||December 29, 2012||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||6–1||Justin Lawrence||TKO (knee & punches to the body)||UFC 150||August 11, 2012||2||4:49||Denver, Colorado, United States|
|Win||5–1||Pat Schilling||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter 15 Finale||June 1, 2012||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||4–1||Dustin Poirier||Submission (mounted triangle armbar)||UFC 143||February 4, 2012||1||3:23||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||4–0||Eddie Rincon||Decision (unanimous)||UIC 4 - War on the Valley Isle||July 1, 2011||3||5:00||Honolulu, Hawaii, United States|
|Win||3–0||Harris Sarmiento||Decision (split)||X-1 - Champions 3||March 12, 2011||5||5:00||Honolulu, Hawaii, United States||Won the X-1 Lightweight Championship.|
|Win||2–0||Bryson Kamaka||KO (punches)||X-1 - Island Pride||November 6, 2010||1||3:09||Honolulu, Hawaii, United States|
|Win||1–0||Duke Saragosa||Decision (unanimous)||X-1 - Heroes||September 11, 2010||3||5:00||Honolulu, Hawaii, United States|
- Haber, Scott. "Max Holloway Fills in Against Dustin Poirer at UFC 143". Bloody Elbow. Retrieved 02/03/2012.
- Martin, Damon. "Newcomer Max Holloway In To Face Dustin Poirier at UFC 143". MMAWeekly. Retrieved 02/03/2012.
- "New Comer Max Holloway steps in to meet Dustin Poirer at UFC 143". MMAJunkie. Retrieved 02/03/2012.
- "Team ATH Max Holloway". ATH Sports Nutrition. Retrieved 29 March 2013.
- Cofield, Steve. "Dustin Poirier schools young Max Holloway with wicked submission at UFC 143". Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved 02/05/2012.
- "TUF Live Finale adds Holloway-Schilling". MMAJunkie. Retrieved April 7, 2012.
- "Max Holloway replaces injured Cody McKenzie, faces Leonard Garcia at UFC 155". MMAjunkie.com. December 19, 2012.
- Dana Becker (March 27, 2013). "UFC 160 Gains Dennis Bermudez-Max Holloway". fightline.com. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- "ATH's Max Holloway Set to Face Dennis Bermudez". ATH Sports Nutrition. Retrieved 29 March 2013.
- Dave Doyle (2013-07-10). "Max Holloway steps up against Conor McGregor after injury forces Andy Ogle out". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2013-07-10.
- Anton Tabuena (2013-11-21). "Will Chope vs. Max Holloway signed for UFC Fight Night 34 in Singapore". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2013-11-21.
- Matt Erickson and John Morgan. "UFC Fight Night 34 bonuses: Saffiedine, Lim, Holloway, Doane earn $50,000". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved January 4, 2014.
- Staff. "Featherweights Andre Fili vs. Max Holloway added to April's UFC 172 lineup". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-01-29.