December 4, 1991 |
Waianae, Hawaii, USA
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight||145 lb (66 kg; 10 st 5 lb)|
|Reach||70.0 in (178 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Waianae, Hawaii|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Jerome-Max Kelii Holloway (born December 4, 1991) is an American mixed martial artist, currently fighting in the featherweight division for the Ultimate Fighting Championship. As of March 23, 2015, he is #10 in official UFC featherweight rankings.
Mixed martial arts career
Early MMA Career
At the age of 19, Holloway had amassed a record of 4-0. He gained recognition as the #7 featherweight prospect in Bloody Elbow's 2012 World MMA Scouting Report and has even been compared to former UFC and former WEC light-weight champion Anthony Pettis, due to his ability to incorporate a wide array of flying and spinning kicks, knees and elbows into his striking game.
His early career was highlighted by a split decision win over former Strikeforce and WEC veteran Harris Sarimento on March 12, 2011, earning himself the lightweight strap for the Hawaii based X-1 promotion.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Holloway made his promotional debut as an injury replacement for Ricardo Lamas at UFC 143 on February 4, 2012 against Dustin Poirier. He lost the fight via submission (mounted triangle armbar) in the first round.
In his second fight, Holloway faced Pat Schilling on June 1, 2012 at The Ultimate Fighter 15 Finale. After a dominant performance where he almost finished Schilling several times, Holloway won via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
Holloway faced promotional newcomer Will Chope on January 4, 2014 at UFC Fight Night 34. He won the fight via TKO in the second round. The win also earned Holloway his first Knockout of the Night bonus.
Holloway was expected to face Mirsad Bektic on August 23, 2014 at UFC Fight Night 49, replacing an injured Ernest Chavez. In turn, Bektic pulled out of the bout in the week leading up to the event and was replaced by promotional newcomer Clay Collard. Holloway won the fight via TKO in the third round.
Holloway once again served as a replacement and faced Akira Corassani on October 4, 2014 at UFC Fight Night 53, filling in for Chan Sung Jung. He won the fight via knockout in the first round. The win also earned Holloway his first Performance of the Night bonus award.
Championships and Accomplishments
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
- X-1 World Events
- X-1 Lightweight Championship (One time)
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|15 matches||12 wins||3 losses|
|Cub Swanson||UFC on Fox: Machida vs. Rockhold||April 18, 2015||Newark, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||12–3||Cole Miller||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Thatch||February 14, 2015||3||5:00||Broomfield, Colorado, United States|
|Win||11–3||Akira Corassani||KO (punches)||UFC Fight Night: Nelson vs. Story||October 4, 2014||1||3:11||Stockholm, Sweden||Performance of the Night.|
|Win||10–3||Clay Collard||TKO (punches)||UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. dos Anjos||August 23, 2014||3||3:47||Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States||Catchweight (149 lbs) bout.|
|Win||9–3||Andre Fili||Submission (guillotine choke)||UFC 172||April 26, 2014||3||3:39||Baltimore, Maryland, United States|
|Win||8–3||Will Chope||TKO (punches)||UFC Fight Night: Saffiedine vs. Lim||January 4, 2014||2||2:27||Marina Bay, Singapore||Knockout of the Night.|
|Loss||7–3||Conor McGregor||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Sonnen||August 17, 2013||3||5:00||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Loss||7–2||Dennis Bermudez||Decision (split)||UFC 160||May 25, 2013||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||7–1||Leonard Garcia||Decision (split)||UFC 155||December 29, 2012||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||6–1||Justin Lawrence||TKO (punches)||UFC 150||August 11, 2012||2||4:49||Denver, Colorado, United States|
|Win||5–1||Pat Schilling||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter 15 Finale||June 1, 2012||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||4–1||Dustin Poirier||Submission (mounted triangle armbar)||UFC 143||February 4, 2012||1||3:23||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||4–0||Eddie Rincon||Decision (unanimous)||UIC 4 - War on the Valley Isle||July 1, 2011||3||5:00||Honolulu, Hawaii, United States|
|Win||3–0||Harris Sarmiento||Decision (split)||X-1 - Champions 3||March 12, 2011||5||5:00||Honolulu, Hawaii, United States||Won the X-1 Lightweight Championship.|
|Win||2–0||Bryson Kamaka||KO (punches)||X-1 - Island Pride||November 6, 2010||1||3:09||Honolulu, Hawaii, United States|
|Win||1–0||Duke Saragosa||Decision (unanimous)||X-1 - Heroes||September 11, 2010||3||5:00||Honolulu, Hawaii, United States|
- "Fight Card - UFC 172 Jones vs. Teixeira". UFC.com. Retrieved May 3, 2014.
- UFC Fighter Rankings
- "Max Holloway WHS Alum". Retrieved 2014.
- "Team ATH Max Holloway". ATH Organics. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- Haber, Scott. "Max Holloway Fills in Against Dustin Poirer at UFC 143". Bloody Elbow. Retrieved 02/03/2012. Check date values in:
- Martin, Damon. "Newcomer Max Holloway In To Face Dustin Poirier at UFC 143". MMAWeekly. Retrieved 02/03/2012. Check date values in:
- "New Comer Max Holloway steps in to meet Dustin Poirer at UFC 143". MMAJunkie. Retrieved 02/03/2012. Check date values in:
- Cofield, Steve. "Dustin Poirier schools young Max Holloway with wicked submission at UFC 143". Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved 02/05/2012. Check date values in:
- "TUF Live Finale adds Holloway-Schilling". MMAJunkie. Retrieved April 7, 2012.
- "Max Holloway replaces injured Cody McKenzie, faces Leonard Garcia at UFC 155". MMAjunkie.com. December 19, 2012.
- Dana Becker (March 27, 2013). "UFC 160 Gains Dennis Bermudez-Max Holloway". fightline.com. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- "ATH's Max Holloway Set to Face Dennis Bermudez". ATH Organics. Retrieved 29 March 2013.
- Dave Doyle (2013-07-10). "Max Holloway steps up against Conor McGregor after injury forces Andy Ogle out". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2013-07-10.
- Anton Tabuena (2013-11-21). "Will Chope vs. Max Holloway signed for UFC Fight Night 34 in Singapore". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2013-11-21.
- Matt Erickson and John Morgan. "UFC Fight Night 34 bonuses: Saffiedine, Lim, Holloway, Doane earn $50,000". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved January 4, 2014.
- Staff (2014-01-29). "Featherweights Andre Fili vs. Max Holloway added to April's UFC 172 lineup". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-01-29.
- Cole, Ross (26 April 2014). "Max Holloway Taps Out Andre Fili In The Third Round At UFC 172". Fight of the Night. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- Andrew Ravens (2014-07-11). "Max Holloway steps in for Ernest Chavez & will fight Mirsad Bektic at UFC Fight Night 49". mmafrenzy.com. Retrieved 2014-07-11.
- Staff (2014-08-18). "Mirsad Bektic out, newcomer Clay Collard meets Max Holloway at UFC Fight Night 49". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-08-18.
- Staff (2014-08-28). "Max Holloway in for 'Zombie' vs. Akira Corassani at UFC Fight Night 53 in Sweden". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-08-28.
- Geno Mrosko (2014-10-04). "UFC Fight Night 53 bonuses: Max Holloway knockout earns $50K". mmamania.com. Retrieved 2014-10-04.
- Raimondi, Marc (2014-11-10). "Max Holloway-Cole Miller announced for UFC Colorado". foxsports.com. Retrieved 2014-11-10.
- Brent Brookhouse (2015-02-15). "UFC Fight Night 60 results, photos: Max Holloway tops head-butted Cole Miller". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-02-15.
- Marc Raimondi (2015-02-15). "Cub Swanson vs. Max Holloway targeted for UFC on FOX 15 in April". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-02-15.