Max Lousada, CEO, Warner Music UK
Upon leaving university Max Lousada started his own distribution company called In A Silent Way, which imported and exported records for DJs and independent outlets.
He then headed-up the New York hip-hop record label Rawkus Records, working alongside the founders to develop and grow the A&R roster. During the mid to late '90s, Rawkus became a dominant label in the underground hip-hop scene with artists such as Mos Def, Black Star and Company Flow.
From 2002 Lousada was head of A&R at Mushroom Records where he signed ambient dance act Zero 7 and played a key role in the development of their debut album Simple Things, as well as overseeing releases from bands including Muse, Garbage and Ash, and DJ Paul Oakenfold.
After Mushroom's acquisition by Warner Music, Lousada was appointed as Head of A&R at Atlantic Records in 2004 where he achieved success with acts such as The Darkness, James Blunt and Funeral For a Friend, before being promoted to President, and then to Chairman in 2009.
In 2011 Atlantic Records UK was named Label of the Year at the Music Week Awards.
Warner Music UK
He oversees Warner Music's UK labels - Atlantic Records, ATL, Asylum, East West, FFRR, Nonesuch, One More Tune, Parlophone, Reprise, Roadrunner, Rhino, sixsevenine, Warner Music Entertainment and Warner Bros. Records, as well as the UK arm of ADA and Warner Music Artist and Label Services.
Since his appointment he has revived the East West Records label.
In June 2014, Lousada was named as the new Chairman of the BRITs Committee. He will oversee the 2015 strategy and the committee that are responsible for the creative direction of the show as well as the management of the Award categories, artist line up, Voting Academy and the digital and media strategy.
- List of current Atlantic Records artists
- List of former Atlantic Records artists
- Atlantic Records Group
- List of Atlantic Records artists
- Atlantic Records discography
- "Interview with Max Lousada". Hit Quarters. 5 October 2004. Retrieved 12 April 2013.
- "Lousada to head Mushroom A&R". Music Week. 2 February 2002. Retrieved 12 April 2013.
- "Warner UK ups Marshall and Lousada". Billboard. Retrieved 12 April 2013.
- "Max Lousada promoted to Chairman, Atlantic Records UK". Warner Music Group. 6 August 2009. Retrieved 12 April 2013.
- "Music Week award winners". Music Week. 26 May 2011. Retrieved 12 April 2013.