Records at the 2009 San Diego Comic-Con International
June 18, 1997
Maxwell Records (born June 18, 1997) is an American actor.
He was born in 1997 to Shawn Records, a photographer, Master of Fine Arts, and teacher at several colleges in the Portland, Oregon area, and Jenny Fleenor, a librarian. In August 2003, he and his family moved from Syracuse, where Records was a student at Ed Smith School, to Portland, where Records would attend Chief Joseph Elementary School.  Records also has a younger brother, Sam, and the family currently lives in North Portland, where he currently attends high school at Trillium Charter School.
Records also had a leading role in the science fiction-short film, BlinkyTM. The film was released in early 2011.
Records is most notable for the role of Max in the 2009 film Where the Wild Things Are. His earlier experiences in film include a minor role in Directions: The Plans Video Album, and an appearance in the music video for Cake's cover of "The Guitar Man". He played the small role of young Stephen (played as an adult by Mark Ruffalo) in the 2009 film The Brothers Bloom. He is set to star as John Wayne Cleaver in the film adaption of I Am Not a Serial Killer.
|2006||Directions: The Plans Video Album||Brother||Segment "Stable Song"|
|2008||The Brothers Bloom||Young Stephen|
|2009||Where the Wild Things Are||Max||Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a Feature Film – Leading Young Actor
Nominated – Chicago Film Critics Association Award for Most Promising Performer
Nominated – Broadcast Film Critics Association Award for Best Young Performer
Nominated – Saturn Award for Best Performance by a Younger Actor
|2010||BlinkyTM||Alex Neville||Short film|
|2011||The Sitter||Slater Pedulla|
- Wloszczyna, Susan (March 23, 2009). "First look: 'Where the Wild Things Are' gets Maxed out". USA Today. Retrieved October 19, 2009.
- Levy, Shawn (October 31, 2009). "Portland family took a big leap to let son star in 'Where the Wild Things Are'". The Oregonian. Retrieved November 1, 2009.
- "Max Records, star of "Where the Wild Things Are," has Syracuse connection". Retrieved January 31, 2010.
- I am not a Serial Killer (2009-10-20). "Something to Toy With". Cinecast. Episode 141. 5:31 minutes in. http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/91781/director-proclaims-not-serial-killer/. Retrieved October 27, 2009. "So Max [Records] came [to Brother's Bloom] ... a little bit after finishing Where the Wild Things Are."
- Presenters: Matt Gamble, Andrew James and Kurt Halfyard; Guest: Rian Johnson (2009-10-20). "Something to Toy With". Cinecast. Episode 141. 5:31 minutes in. Row Three. http://www.rowthree.com/2011/10/20/cinecast-episode-143-something-to-toy-with/. Retrieved October 27, 2009. "So Max [Records] came [to Brother's Bloom] ... a little bit after finishing Where the Wild Things Are."
- "I am not a Serial Killer". Cinecast. 2009-10-20. 5:31 minutes in. http://bloody-disgusting.com/indie/3334561/isolation-director-swears-serial-killer/. Retrieved October 27, 2009. "So Max [Records] came [to Brother's Bloom] ... a little bit after finishing Where the Wild Things Are."
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Max Records.|
|This article about a United States film actor or actress born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|