Riemelt in 2012
7 January 1984 |
Riemelt started his career "by coincidence, because" he "had not really thought about getting involved in acting and had not joined any drama groups at school". He decided early on that he was not interested in the latter: "I have an aversion to drama schools because their methods seem suspect to me. The way they treat people is sometimes inhuman, they build people up and then break them. Some people can cope with this, but I don't want to risk that".
He explains that he feels "much happier in front of a camera than acting on a stage. I am a minimalist as far as my approach to acting is concerned" and prefers working for cinema, although "I am prepared to work for television if it is an interesting project, there is a good script and the characters are good."
Similarly, he welcomes the chance every now and then to act in student films "because it gives me the chance to try out things and bring in my own ideas and often create quite different characters from the ones they had originally planned".
- 1997: Praxis Bülowbogen
- 1997: Eine Familie zum Küssen
- 1998: Zwei allein
- 1999: Wenn alle Herzen schmelzen
- 1999: Der Bär ist los
- 2000: Brennendes Schweigen
- 2000: Mädchen, Mädchen
- 2001: Mein Vater und andere Betrüger
- 2002: Alarm für Cobra 11
- 2002: Balko "Giftzwerge"
- 2002: Lottoschein ins Glück
- 2002: Sextasy
- 2002: Wolffs Revier "Au Pair"
- 2003: In aller Freundschaft
- 2003: Die Sonne anschreien
- 2003: Mädchen, Mädchen 2 – Loft oder Liebe
- 2003: Appassionata
- 2003: Napola – Elite für den Führer
- 2004: Neuland "Kurzfilm"
- 2004: Todfeinde "Kurzfilm"
- 2004: Der Rote Kakadu
- 2005: Das Alphateam "Respekt"
- 2005: Hallesche Kometen
- 2005: Nachtasyl
- 2005: Der Untergang der Pamir
- 2006: Grundgesetz §19 – Stehplatz
- 2006: An die Grenze
- 2006: Mörderischer Frieden
- 2006: Der Kriminalist
- 2007: Ironman
- 2007: Up! Up! To the sky
- 2007: Tausend Ozeane
- 2008: Die Welle
- 2008: 13 Semester
- 2008: Im Angesicht des Verbrechens
- 2009: Der Staatsanwalt – Kameradenschwein
- 2010: Cloudcluster (Arbeitstitel)
- 2010: We Are the Night
- 2011: The Depraved
- 2011: Playoff
- 2012: The Fourth State
- 2012: Heiter bis Wolkig
- 2012: The German Friend
- 2013: Freier Fall
- 2004: Best Actor for Napola (Karlovy Vary International Film Festival)
- 2006: Best Young Actor for Der Rote Kakadu (Bavarian Film Awards)
- "Biography of Max Riemelt". Evi.com (in english). Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- "Max Riemelt". renlifang.msra.cn (in english). Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- "The Last Combat of Max Riemelt vs Jessica Schwarz". Lastcombat.com (in english). Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- "Karlovy Vary International Film Festival - Festival Photos". kviff.com (in english). Retrieved 28 April 2014.
|This article about a German film actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|