|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2006)|
Maxi taxis are private, owner-operated minibuses in Trinidad and Tobago that are used in public transport. They operate along fixed routes, having fixed fares and meeting points. However they do not operate under a timetable. The colours of each route as follows:
- Port of Spain-Arima (and onward to Sangre Grande) - Red Band
- Port of Spain-Diego Martin - Yellow Band
- Port of Spain-San Fernando (including Curepe-Chaguanas) - Green Band
- San Fernando-Princes Town (and onward to Mayaro) - Black Band
- South of San Fernando (Point Fortin, Cedros), Siparia) - Brown Band
- Tobago - Blue Band
The fares are paid on board and the fares are based on distance. They come in 12 and 25 seater versions. The Maxi was introduced in 1981.
Also refers to Maxi taxis found in Australia
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Maxi taxi.|
- "Fleet Services: Maxi Taxis". yellowcab.com.au. 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-19.