Maxim (given name)
|Region of origin||Rome|
|Look up Maxim in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Maxim (Cyrillic: Максим), sometimes romanized as Maksim, Maksym or Maksum, is a male first name of Roman origin which is relatively common in Slavic-speaking countries, mainly in Belarus, Russia, and Ukraine. According to the register of the General Directorate of Moscow, "Maxim" was the second most popular male name for children born in Moscow. From March 16, 2005 to August 16, 2005, 1087 boys were named Maxim, behind Alexander at 1390. The name is derived from the Latin family name Maximus, meaning "the greatest". Maxim is also a less well-known surname.
- Maxim of Bulgaria, Patriarch of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church
- Maxim Gorky, Russian author and political activist
- Maxim Kalashnikov, Russian author and political activist
- MakSim, Russian singer
- Maksym Berezovsky, Ukrainian composer and opera singer
- Maksim Dunayevsky, Russian film composer
- Maksim Mrvica, Croatian pianist
- Maxim Reality, English singer-songwriter and MC
- Maxim Vengerov, Russian violin virtuoso and conductor
- Can Maxim Mutaf (born 1991), Turkish-Russian basketball player
- Maksym, Lauren, U.S Lacrosse Player, University of North Carolina
- Maksim Buznikin, Russian footballer
- Maksim Burchenko, Russian footballer
- Maksym Chmerkovskiy, Ukrainian ballroom dancer
- Maxim Deviatovski, Russian artistic gymnast
- Maxim Grishin, Russian mixed martial arts fighter
- Maxim Marinin, Russian pair skater
- Maksym Kalinichenko, Ukrainian footballer
- Maksim Romaschenko, Belarusian footballer
- Maksim Shatskikh, Uzbek footballer
- Maxim Staviski, Russian-born Bulgarian world champion ice dancer
- Maksim Zhalmagambetov, Kazakh footballer
- Maksim Moshkow, Russian businessman
- Maxim Litvinov, Russian revolutionary and diplomat
- Maxim Kammerer, fictional character in the Noon Universe series
- Maksim Gelman, imprisoned for murdering 4 people and attempting to murder 5
- For people, places or things named Maxim, see All pages beginning with "Maxim".
- For people, places or things named Maksim, see All pages beginning with "Maksim".
- For people, places or things named Maksym, see All pages beginning with "Maksym".
For people with the surname Maxim, see Maxim (surname).
- "Behind the Name: Meaning, Origin and History of the Name Maxim". Retrieved 2007-12-30.