||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012)|
Maxim Jakubowski is a crime, erotic, and science fiction writer and critic.
Jakubowski was born in England to Russian-British and Polish parents, but raised in France. Jakubowski has also lived in Italy and has travelled extensively. Jakubowski edited the science fiction anthology'sTwenty Houses of the Zodiac in 1979 for the 37th World Science Fiction Convention (Seacon '79) in Brighton,and Travelling towards epsilon, an anthology of French science fiction . He also contributed a short story to that anthology. He has worked in book publishing for many years, which he left to open the Murder One bookshop, the UK's first specialist crime and mystery bookstore. He contributes to a variety of newspapers and magazines, and was for eight years the crime columnist for Time Out and, presently, since 2000, the crime reviewer for The Guardian. He is also the literary director of London's Crime Scene Festival and a consultant for the International Mystery Film Festival, Noir in Fest, held annually in Courmayeur, Italy. He is one the leading editors in the crime and mystery and erotica field, in which he has published many major anthologies, including the annual Mammoth Books of Best New Erotica and Best British Crime. He has edited several classic lists such Black Box Thrillers, Blue Murder, Eros Plus and Neon and, presently, runs the MaXcrime imprint for British publishers John Blake Publishing. He is a past winner of the Karel and the Anthony awards.
His novels include "It's You That I Want To Kiss", "Because She Thought She Loved Me", "The State Of Montana", "On Tenderness Express", "Kiss me Sadly", "Confessions of a Romantic Pornographer" and "I Was Waiting for You'. His short story collections are "Life in the World of Women", "Fools for Lust" and the collaborative "American Casanova". He is a regular broadcaster on British TV and radio and was recently voted the 2nd Sexiest Writer of 2,007 on a poll on the crimespace website. His latest novel was published in 2011, "Ekaterina and the Night".
His website is at www.maximjakubowski.co.uk, and lists his complete bibliography.
- Jakubowski, Maxim. Twenty Houses of the Zodiac. 1979.
- Jakubowski, Maxim and Edwards, Malcolm. The Complete Book of Science Fiction and Fantasy Lists. St Albans, Herts, UK: Granada Publishing Ltd., 1983. 350 pages. ISBN 0-586-05678-5.
- Jakubowski, Maxim. Past Poisons: An Ellis Peters Memorial Anthology of Historic Crime. Ibooks, Inc. Anthology edition, 2005. 356 pages. ISBN 1-59687-160-1.
Anthologies of erotic fiction
- The Mammoth Book of Erotica (Carroll & Graf US and Robinson UK, originally published in 1994, revised edition published in 2000) ISBN 0-7867-0787-9
Anthologies of erotic photography
- The Mammoth Book of Illustrated Erotica, co-edited with Marilyn Jaye Lewis, Running Press, 2002, ISBN 0-7867-0921-9
- The Mammoth Book of Erotic Photography, co-edited with Marilyn Jaye Lewis, Edition Olms, 2004, ISBN 3-283-00431-5
- www.murderone.co.uk - Murder One Bookshop
|This article about a science fiction writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|