|Full name||Maximilian Johannes Haas|
|Date of birth||7 December 1985|
|Place of birth||Freising, West Germany|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back / Midfielder|
|2007–2011||Bayern Munich II||62||(4)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 June 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Maximilian Johannes Haas (born 7 December 1985) is a German professional footballer who plays for Gil Vicente F.C. in Portugal, as a central defender or defensive midfielder. As a youth, he was given the nickname "The White Rabbit" by his schoolmates.
Early years / Bayern
Born in Freising, Bavaria, Haas played four years in the Landesliga with hometown's SE Freising, before joining FC Bayern Munich II in July 2007. He did not make his debut until 29 October of the following year, when he came on as a 59th-minute substitute for Mehmet Ekici in a 3–3 away draw against SV Sandhausen, but soon became a regular in the team, initially in midfield but subsequently in defence; on 14 February 2009 he scored his first goal for the reserves, in a 2–3 loss at Dynamo Dresden.
In 2010, Haas was picked by FC Bayern Munich manager Louis van Gaal for the first team, but continued to play mainly for the B-side. He played in pre-season friendlies with the main squad, most notably the Franz Beckenbauer farewell match against Real Madrid, but, not being involved in any competitive games, moved to England on 31 January 2011, signing for Football League Championship club Middlesbrough for an undisclosed fee.
At the end of the season, Haas was released by the club.
On 12 February 2012, Haas made his official debut for his new club, playing the full 90 minutes in a 0–4 away loss to F.C. Porto. He was used regularly until the end of the campaign, but eventually rescinded his contract alongside several other players due to lack of payments, as the side ranked 16th and last in the league.
On 26 June 2012, Haas signed with S.C. Braga for three years. He played his first match on 28 October, replacing Paulo Vinicius in a 2–0 away win against C.S. Marítimo. He made his first start the following month in another away fixture, a 3–1 success at F.C. Pampilhosa for the season's domestic cup.
- "Bayern Munich defender Haas makes Middlesbrough move". BBC Sport. 31 January 2011. Retrieved 31 January 2011.
- "Transferticker: Reus und Neustädter weg, Sio zum VfL" [Transferticker: Reus and Neustädter gone, Sio to VfL] (in German). kicker. 4 January 2012. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- "U. Leiria: central Maximilian Haas na mira" [U. Leiria: centre-back Maximilian Haas poised] (in Portuguese). Mais Futebol. 27 January 2012. Retrieved 8 March 2012.
- "Liga round-up: Porto see off Leiria". PortuGOAL. 12 February 2012. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- "Haas löst Vertrag auf" [Haas rescinds contract] (in German). Deutsche Fußballer im Ausland. 3 May 2012. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- "Maximilian Haas assina por três anos" [Maximilian Haas signs for three years] (in Portuguese). A Bola. 26 June 2012. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- "Maritimo-Braga 0:2" (in Portuguese). LPFP. 28 October 2012. Retrieved 8 January 2013.
- "Pampilhosa 1-3 SC Braga". Footballzz. 16 November 2012. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- "Naval-Braga 1:2" (in Portuguese). LPFP. 2 January 2013. Retrieved 8 January 2013.