||This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (October 2013)|
IBM Maximo Asset Management is an enterprise asset management (EAM) software solution product produced by IBM. It is a solution which is used to operate, maintain and dispose of enterprise assets. It focuses on the following types of assets:
- Plant and production (for example oil, gas, chemicals, mining, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, food, electronics and power generation)
- Infrastructure (including railways, highways, telecommunications, water and wastewater, and electric and gas distribution networks)
- Transportation (for military, airlines, trucking, shipping, rail and other use)
- Real estate and facilities (for example, in offices, schools and hospitals)
EAM is globally known to be critical in asset intensive industries, i.e., utilities, oil & gas, pharma., rail & transit, heavy manufacturing, and facilities including hospitals, campuses and hotel.
The current release, IBM Maximo Asset Management 7.5, is the third release built upon a J2EE Service Oriented Architecture. It is an Enterprise Asset Management, Service Management and IT asset management suite of applications that are scalable and easily integrated into existing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- IBM Maximo User Groups
- IBM Asset Management Community
- IBM Asset Management LinkedIn Group
- Maximo users group - Run by Christopher Wanko and Wes Williams since 1999; largest independent user group for Maximo, very high signal/noise ratio. Technical support found here is recommended by MRO specifically.
- IBM Maximo Enterprise Suite - Asset and Service Management Software
- IBM Maximo Asset Management - Product Support
|This business software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|