||This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (October 2013)|
IBM Maximo Asset Management is an enterprise asset management (EAM) software solution product produced by IBM. It is a solution which is used to operate, maintain and dispose of enterprise assets. It focuses on the following types of assets:
- Plant and production (for example oil, gas, chemicals, mining, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, food, electronics and power generation)
- Infrastructure (including railways, highways, telecommunications, water and wastewater, and electric and gas distribution networks)
- Transportation (for military, airlines, trucking, shipping, rail and other use)
- Real estate and facilities (for example, in offices, schools and hospitals)
EAM is globally known to be critical in asset intensive industries, i.e., utilities, oil & gas, pharma., rail & transit, heavy manufacturing, and facilities including hospitals, campuses and hotel.
The current release, IBM Maximo Asset Management 7.5, is the third release built upon a J2EE service-oriented architecture. It is an Enterprise Asset Management, Service Management and IT asset management suite of applications that are scalable and easily integrated into existing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- IBM Maximo User Groups
- IBM Asset Management Community
- IBM Asset Management LinkedIn Group
- Maximo users group - Run by Christopher Wanko and Wes Williams since 1999; largest independent user group for Maximo, very high signal/noise ratio. Technical support found here is recommended by MRO specifically.
- IBM Maximo Enterprise Suite - Asset and Service Management Software
- IBM Maximo Asset Management - Product Support
|This business software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|