Maxus (media agency)
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (December 2011)|
Maxus is a global media agency, with services including communications strategy, media planning and buying, digital marketing, search engine marketing (SEM) through search advertising and search engine optimisation (SEO), direct response media, data analytics, and marketing ROI evaluation. In December 2011, Maxus became Campaign magazine's Global Media Network of the Year.
Maxus is part of WPP plc, the world’s largest media communications services group by revenue, which employs 150,000 people across the advertising, public relations and market research sectors. Maxus is also part of GroupM, the media investment management group that serves as the parent company for all of WPP plc’s media agencies: Maxus, Mindshare, MEC, MediaCom, Kinetic and Xaxis.
Maxus was officially launched as a global media network in October 2008, although it had previously been known as Maximize during the late 1990s in Asia and had standalone operations in the USA and parts of Europe from 2005.
With headquarters in London and New York, Maxus has been the fastest-growing global media agency for the last two years, according to RECMA. It has operations in all major markets worldwide and works for some of the world’s most well-known advertisers, including Barclays, NBC Universal, Fiat Group, Nokia, Vodafone, Church & Dwight, Nestlé and L'Oréal.
In 2011, Maxus launched an online community I am Maxus that brought together its offices in a secure social media environment. It enables the media agency’s people to connect and work together via mobile or desktop platforms, wherever they are in the world.
Awards and Recognitions (2011)
- Maxus scores 8 out of 9 in Campaign's Annual School Report, 2012
- Media Agency of the Year (U.S. Maxus) (Adweek)
- Maxus named as one of the Ten Agencies to Watch in 2012 by Ad Age (Ad Age)
- Global Media Agency of the Year (Campaign)
- UK – Brightest Star (Campaign)
- UK – One to Watch (Best Companies)
- USA – Excellence in Research for Church & Dwight (Advertising Research Foundation)
- USA – Best Digital Marketing for Welch’s (MITX Interactive Awards)
- USA – Best Partnership for UPS and National Geographic (Mark Awards)
- India – Agency of the Year (Goafest)
- India – Silver Lion for Tata Sky (Cannes)
- India – Gold Search Award for Nokia (Yahoo!)
- Australia – Best Paid Search for Shangri-La (IAB)
- Poland – Silver Effie for Dogs Charity (Effie Awards)
- Hungary – Bronze Effie for Aramis (Effie Awards)