|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)|
|Headquarters||3888 Calle Fortunada, San Diego, CA 92123, United States|
|Key people||David J. Schramm, President and CEO|
Backup power systems
Maxwell Technologies is a developer and manufacturer of energy storage and power delivery-related products.
The company was founded in 1965 as Maxwell Laboratories, originally as a government contractor, providing advanced physics, pulsed power, space effects analysis and other research and development services to the U.S. military and other government agencies. The company began conversion to commercial applications for its technologies and products in the early 1990s, and now generates all of its revenue from commercial sources. The company's strategy is to commercialize ultracapacitors, high voltage capacitors and microelectronic components and systems in selected markets. With 17.1 million common shares outstanding, the company had a market capitalization of more than $300 million as of June 1, 2006, according to the company.
Maxwell Energy Products, a division that included the Maxwell High Voltage Capacitor product line, was acquired in March 2000 by General Atomics, eventually merging into General Atomics Electronic Systems, Inc. in 2003.
- ULTRACAPACITORS, formally known as Maxwell's BOOSTCAP's supercapacitors - energy storage and delivery of rapid bursts of power for applications ranging from consumer and industrial electronics to hybrid electric buses, trucks and automobiles.
- CONDIS — high voltage capacitors for electric utility switchgear, capacitor voltage transformers (CVTs) and laboratory applications.
- Microelectronics for space and military applications requiring high reliability in radiation-intense environments. The RAD-PAK® products incorporated radiation shielding in a microcircuit package and are being used by over 100 space programs.
- Power modules, memory modules, single-board computers or high-performance for aerospace applications.
Facilities and employees
Headquarters and principal operations are currently located in San Diego, California, with European bases of operations in Rossens, Switzerland and Munchen, Germany and a Chinese base of operation in Shanghai, China. At present, the company employs approximately 400 people worldwide.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Maxwell Technologies.|
- Maxwell Technologies' Website
- Maxwell Technologies' Facebook
- Maxwell Technologies' YouTube
- Maxwell Technologies' Twitter
- Maxwell Technologies' LinkedIn