May Ling Su
|May Ling Su|
Su studied Communications at the Ateneo de Manila before moving to San Francisco, where she first started out in the adult film industry in 1996 by making movies with her husband. She still primarily directs herself, but has also worked with other directors, including Max Hardcore in 2002.
In 2010 she published the art book On My Period, in which she had made art out of her menstrual blood. That year she was also named one of the Porn Saints by the art project of the same name.
Su has been portrayed by many other artists, including American photographer Timothy Greenfield-Sanders in his book XXX: 30 Porn-Star Portraits and his HBO documentary Thinking XXX, in 2004, and by Swedish punk painter Karl Backman for The Museum of Porn in Art in Zurich, 2011. Another portrait of her is also on permanent display at the Erotisch Museum in Amsterdam.
Awards and nominations
- 2010: Good For Her Feminist Porn Award Nominee
- "Esquire Magazine; My Friend the Porn Star". Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- "Iafd.com; May Ling Su". Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- "May Ling Su on Max Hardcore". Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- "blood_art; Sexuality and Menstruation". Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- "On My Period, by May Ling Su". Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- "PornSaints.org; May Ling Su". Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- (ISBN 0-8212-7754-5)
- "Imdb.com; Thinking XXX (2004)". Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- "The Museum of Porn in Art presents an exhibition by KARL BACKMAN". Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- "May Ling Su and Karl Backman". Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- "Feminist Porn Awards". goodforher.com. Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- Official website
- May Ling Su at the Internet Movie Database
- May Ling Su at the Internet Adult Film Database
|This article about a pornographic actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|