May Minamahal (TV series)
|Created by||ABS-CBN Entertainment Dept.|
|Directed by||Gilbert Perez and
Oyo Boy Sotto
|Ending theme||"May Minamahal", by Erik Santos|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||30 Episodes|
|Running time||30 Minutes|
|Original run||June 4, 2007 –
July 13, 2007
|Preceded by||Hiram na Mukha|
|Followed by||Natutulog Ba Ang Diyos?|
Original Film plot
Only son, Carlitos, suddenly finds himself the man of an all-female household when his father dies of a heart attack. He falls in love with an offbeat girl and is forced to make a choice between following his heart or risk losing the love of the family which has nurtured him all his life.
Monica grew up in a male-dominated household. Her witty and free-spirited attitude caught the attention of Carlitos. He, on the other hand, lives in a female dominated household, where everyone depends on him. They start to get to know each other more everyday, hang out together and share each other’s feelings. And as they draw closer to each other, they start to fall in love. Little did they know that their family ties will be the factor that will make or break their budding relationship.
Cast and Characters
- Anne Curtis as Monica Fernandez-Tagle - a strong and independent woman who wouldn't back out at any challenge. She grew up without a mom, but is smothered by love by his brothers Bombit and Jun, as well as her dad, Cenon.
- Oyo Boy Sotto as Carlitos Tagle - the only son of Ronald and Becky Tagle, and a mama's boy. Responsible, he tries to go out of his way to please everyone, and he is rather close to his sisters, Trina and Pinky. He often clashes with his younger sister Mandy, as they have different opinions on everything.
- Dimples Romana as Trina Tagle - Carlitos' older sister, who's at constant odds with their mother Becky. She's a single mother of one and a flight attendant for domestic flights in an airline.
- Baron Geisler as Bombit Fernandez - Monica's strict kuya. Overprotective, he's skilled in sports, and knows a thing or two in martial arts. He is Carlitos' brother from another mother.
- Al Tantay as Cenon Fernandez - Monica, Bombit and Jun's dad, Cenon; as well as Darlyn's older brother. A loving dad, he tries to fill in the role of his deceased wife. As such, his sons and daughter treat him like a close friend, although they're afraid of him when he gets mad.
- Jaclyn Jose as Darlyn - Cenon's younger sister and Monica's aunt. A responsible sister, she tires to extend her help whenever she can, and is very much dedicated to her family. She fell in love with Ronald Tagle, Carlitos' father, and proceeded to become his mistress because she loves him very much. She used to bring viands to Ronald's office, until the two finally met and fell in love.
- Cherie Gil as Becky Tagle - A socialite, she grew up with a silver spoon in her mouth, and is very much dependent on her husband for finances. She's close to her daughter Mandy, as they have the same personality and tastes; while she's rather distant from her eldest daughter Trina, as she's close to her dad.
- Michelle Madrigal as Mandy Tagle - Carlitos' liberated sister. A wild college girl, she's quite eccentric when it comes to clothes. She always get into arguments with Carlitos, and is only afraid of their father.
- Marvin Raymundo as Jun Fernandez - one of Monica's brother, like Bombit he protects her sister that much and knows lots of physical sports and defense
- Angeli Urquico as Pinky Tagle - Carlitos' youngest sister whom he never fails to dote upon. She's also close to their father, but only listens to her Kuya Carlitos.
- John Arcilla as Ronald Tagle
- Miguel dela Rosa
- Empoy Marquez
- Leo Gamboa
- Krissy Nunez' as Yvette Tagle
- Gail Lardizabal as Kristine Fernandez
- Marnie Lapus