Maybe I'm a Leo
|"Maybe I'm a Leo"|
|Song by Deep Purple from the album Machine Head|
|Recorded||6–21 December 1971
|Genre||Hard rock, heavy metal, blues rock|
Warner Bros. (US)
|Machine Head track listing|
Roger Glover says: "I wrote the riff to "Maybe I’m A Leo" after hearing John Lennon’s "How Do You Sleep?". I liked the idea that the riff didn’t start on the down beat, like 99% of riffs do. Most of the songs on Machine Head were from the first take, or not long after."
The song was rarely played by the band live, but three live recordings of it have been released on albums, Deep Purple in Concert, recorded in 1972, Live at the Olympia '96, and Live at Montreux 2011.
The SACD version of Machine Head has an alternative guitar solo on "Maybe I'm a Leo".
- Ritchie Blackmore - guitar
- Ian Gillan – vocals
- Roger Glover – bass guitar
- Jon Lord – keyboards
- Ian Paice – drums
- The Atomic Bitchwax on their album 3.
- Gov't Mule on The Deep End, Volume 1 in which Roger Glover made a guest appearance.
- Javier Malosetti Electrohope on Ten
- Paul Gilbert on Smoke on the Water, a Tribute to Deep Purple
- "questiontime". Roger Glover official site. Retrieved 19 November 2007.