Maybe We Should Just Sleep on It
|"Maybe We Should Just Sleep on It"|
|Single by Tim McGraw|
|from the album All I Want|
|Released||October 7, 1996|
Kerry Kurt Phillips
|Tim McGraw singles chronology|
"Maybe We Should Just Sleep on It" is a song written by Jerry Laseter and Kerry Kurt Phillips, and performed by American country music artist Tim McGraw. It was released in October 1996 as the fifth and final single from his album All I Want. It peaked at number 4 on the United States Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart, while it reached number one on the RPM Country Tracks chart in Canada.
The narrator's significant other has decided to break up with him. He tries to convince her to stay, by saying that they should just sleep on the decision and work it out tomorrow.
Dan Milliken of Country Universe gave the song a C grade, saying that "the generic 'moody' 90′s production does some of the damage, as does a patchwork melody that can’t seem to connect its phrases. But you can also hear McGraw still ironing out his vocal technique, as his likably nervous tremor in the verses meets a series of clumsy trills and some pitchy “baby”s and “maybe”s."
The music video was directed by Sherman Halsey and premiered in late 1996.
"Maybe We Should Just Sleep on It" debuted at number 64 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of October 12, 1996.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||4|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||57|
by Kevin Sharp
|RPM Country Tracks
January 27, 1997
by John Michael Montgomery
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- CountryUniverse.net Review by Dan Milliken
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 9784." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. January 27, 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- "Tim McGraw Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Tim McGraw.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1997". RPM. December 15, 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.