|Town of Mayerthorpe|
Highway 43 entrance to Mayerthorpe from the south.
|Municipal district||Lac Ste. Anne County|
|• Mayor||Kate Patrick|
|• Governing body||Mayerthorpe Town Council|
|• Total||4.78 km2 (1.85 sq mi)|
|Elevation||712 m (2,336 ft)|
|• Density||292.7/km2 (758/sq mi)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
Mayerthorpe is a town in central Alberta, Canada, located approximately 120 km (75 mi) northwest of Edmonton at the intersection of Highway 43 and Highway 22 (Cowboy Trail). The town is surrounded by Lac Ste. Anne County and is located within Alberta's Census Division No. 13.
|This section may be slanted towards recent events. (July 2011)|
On July 29, 2008, the Mayerthorpe Arena was destroyed by a fire. In 2011, after three years of planning and fundraising, the new arena, now called the Mayerthorpe Exhibition Centre, was officially opened.
In the 2011 Census, the Town of Mayerthorpe had a population of 1,398 living in 589 of its 629 total dwellings, a -5.2% change from its 2006 population of 1,474. With a land area of 4.78 km2 (1.85 sq mi), it had a population density of 292.5/km2 (757.5/sq mi) in 2011.
In 2006, Mayerthorpe had a population of 1,474 living in 636 dwellings, a 6.1% decrease from 2001. The town has a land area of 4.78 km2 (1.85 sq mi) and a population density of 308.6/km2 (799/sq mi).
The local weekly newspaper serving Mayerthorpe and area is the Mayerthorpe Freelancer.
- "Municipal Officials Search". Alberta Municipal Affairs. November 28, 2014. Retrieved November 30, 2014.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- "Alberta Private Sewage Systems 2009 Standard of Practice Handbook: Appendix A.3 Alberta Design Data (A.3.A. Alberta Climate Design Data by Town)" (PDF). Safety Codes Council. January 2012. pp. 212–215 (PDF pages 226–229). Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- Statistics Canada (Census 2006). "Mayerthorpe - Community Profile". Retrieved 2007-06-12. Check date values in:
- "Mayerthorpe Freelancer". Sun Media Corporation. Retrieved 2012-07-15.
- Harvey, Ann (September 10, 2013). "North Central Hockey League comes to Whitecourt". Whitecourt Star.
|Wikinews has related news: RCMP memorial for fallen Alberta mounties delayed|
||Blue Ridge||Swan Hills||Barrhead|