Cover of the first volume
|Genre||Comedy, Romance, Harem|
|Written by||Hajime Asano|
|Illustrated by||Seiji Kikuchi|
|Published by||Media Factory|
|Imprint||MF Bunko J|
|Original run||November 21, 2009 – July 23, 2012|
|Published by||Media Factory|
|Magazine||Monthly Comic Alive|
|Original run||July 27, 2009 – November 27, 2013|
|Illustrated by||Yū Eichi|
|Published by||Kadokawa Shoten|
|Original run||November 30, 2010 – October 29, 2011|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Keiichiro Kawaguchi|
|Written by||Reiko Yoshida|
|Music by||Yukari Hashimoto|
|Original run||July 7, 2011 – September 29, 2011|
Mayo Chiki! (まよチキ!?) is a Japanese light novel series written by Hajime Asano and illustrated by Seiji Kikuchi. The series' twelve volumes were published between November 2009 and July 2012 under Media Factory's MF Bunko J imprint. A manga adaptation by Niito was serialized in Media Factory's seinen manga magazine, Comic Alive between July 2010 and November 2013. A spin-off manga series called Mayo Mayo! (まよマヨ!?) was serialized in Kadokawa Shoten's magazine, Nyantype between November 2010 and October 29. An anime television series adaptation aired in Japan between July 7 and September 29, 2011. Mayo Chiki! is an abbreviation of Mayoeru Shitsuji to Chikin na Ore to (迷える執事とチキンな俺と?, lit. The Stray Butler and Myself the Chicken). The anime has been licensed by Sentai Filmworks in North America.
The story revolves around Kinjirō Sakamachi, a 17 year old high school boy who suffers from gynophobia. The gynophobia makes his nose bleed every time he has physical contact with a female. While using the men's washroom he accidentally discovers that the popular and handsome butler Subaru Konoe is in fact a girl. Now that Kinjirō knows about Subaru's secret, he must work together with Subaru and her sadistic mistress, Kanade Suzutsuki, to protect Subaru’s secret from being discovered.
- The protagonist of the story. A second year high school student who discovers Subaru's secret. Frequently just referred to as Jirō, he suffers gynophobia in which his nose bleeds whenever a girl touches him. He reveals the cause to be his mother and sister practicing their wrestling moves on him on a daily basis for 10 years as part of his training, he states his nose bleeds when a girl touches him because his body developed the reflex because he believed his mother and sister would stop beating him up once he started bleeding (as his blood would ruin the carpet). As a result, he can take pain well and is fairly competent as a fighter which is kept sharp by his sister, Kureha, who wakes him up every morning with a series of beatings. He is shown to enjoy instant noodles. When he was young, his father passed away from an illness but not before telling him that his name means "Stand by me" telling him to become a man strong enough to tell others "I will protect you so stay by my side" which sometimes causes him to wonder whether he can keep that promise. He was forced to sign a contract with Kanade to not reveal the secret of Subaru and find a way to cure his gynophobia. Kinjirō confesses to konoe to which she accepts and the two share a passionate kiss (chapter 34). He hates it when people call him his full name as, due to the Japanese culture of putting the family name before their given name, it creates a pun on the english word chicken as his full name is Sakamachi Kinjirō.
- Female protagonist of the story. A second year high school student who works as a butler for the Suzutsuki family and suffers from aichmophobia. When she was young she was noted to be antisocial and was not close to anyone which worried her mother. She dresses like a male due to the family circumstance of a must to have a male from her family to serve Kanade's family. Because of her being the only child, she has to cross-dress and Kanade's father only allowed her to be her butler if she could spend the entire 3 years at school with her true gender undiscovered, her physical features makes her believed by everyone to be a boy until one day, Kinjirō accidentally discovers her secret. She is very bad at naming things such as fighting moves and is aware of it but nevertheless, despite her petite figure, is shown to be a very strong fighter. Though she initially hated Kinjirō, both because he discovered her secret and for being a "pervert", she quickly warms up to and becomes friends with him even developing romantic feelings and falling in love with him as well as becoming less cold and more outgoing. Konoe finally confesses to Kinjirō and the two embrace in a passionate kiss under a starry night sky (chapter 34). Her father also noted that she started looking forward to going to school. Like Kinjirō, she enjoys instant noodles and is also a fan of the popular "Lost Sheep" series of plush dolls.
- The single daughter of the high school's principal, who, on the outside, behaves well like a rich man's polite and elegant daughter. On the inside, she is revealed to be quite sadistic and threatens Kinjirō on his greatest fear and using his gynophobia to make him suffer. She is shown to enjoy tormenting and teasing Kinjirō by using his gynophobia against him. However, she did give thoughts about finding a way to cure his gynophobia although her methods to do so are generally overly complicated or humiliate him in some way and she does not deny that she finds them amusing. She notes that Kinjirō is the first, and only, man who is willing to talk her down and she has fallen in love with him as a result. She is also implied to be a bisexual as she has claimed that Subaru was her first love.
- Usami is a member of S4 or Shooting Star Subaru-Sama, but quit afterward and is also a member of the crafts club. She is shown to have considerable leg power which she uses in the form of kicks. She is shown to be a good cook, partly because she lives on her own and has to cook her own meals. She blackmailed Kinjirō, with the picture of him and Subaru on a mock date, to be her boyfriend up until the end of their school fair. Kinjirō accepted because of the condition that she will not spread the photo with Subaru and Kinjirō going out together. However she later becomes friends with Kinjirō and the others and is in love with Kinjirō. Her name is noted to sound similar to the Japanese word for rabbit (ウサギ - Usagi) which becomes the source of Kinjirō's nickname for her; Usamin, her own nickname for him is "stupid chicken". She later allows Kinjirō to call her by her first name, Masamune.
- As a gag, Usami is shown to be able to attract ghosts if not living together with them perfectly (ghosts appear in her photos and randomly pops out in her apartment).
- Kureha is the younger sister of Kinjirō, who is a first year in high school and loves martial arts. She is a member of the crafts club. After watching and following Kinjirō and Subaru, believing him a male pervert cross-dresser, attacks Subaru to reclaim Kinjirō, only to be quickly defeated in turn. After this incident, still believing her a male, she has fallen in love with Subaru, much to Kinjirō's chagrin. While tomboyish most of the time, she tends to try and act feminine when Subaru is around. Due to her father dying from an illness she gets extremely worried whenever her brother gets sick.
- The cat-eared ganguro student that is spying Kinjirō and Subaru. She is a busty first year and a member of the crafts club along with Kureha, she is also revealed to be the chairman of the "Let's warmly protect Subaru-Sama committee" and is shown to have a fetish for glasses and boy love which is expressed through her manga drawing of Kinjirō and Subaru (much to his chagrin). She is shown to be quite perverted, using a sheep ticket to coerce Subaru into reading a graphic novel of her and Kinjirō out loud prompting an offended Subaru to throw the book out a window. She apparently becomes drunk when she drinks carbonated drinks, and, in that state, gains an ability known as the "Stripping Drunken Fist", where she can take off a person's undergarments almost instantaneously. Nakuru later falls in love with kinjirō due to his kindness towards her.
- Subaru's father. Head Butler of the Suzutsuki family and Kanade's father's butler. He is shown to loathe Kinjirō (partly because Konoe ends up explaining that he accidentally groped her) and is suspicious of his intentions towards Subaru. He beats him up during his trip to the pool as he was acting as a kidnapper. This later created an estrangement between him and Subaru which only further increased his loathing towards Kinjirō. He is shown to be in excellent fighting condition, much like Subaru, when a punch by Kinjirō didn't even make him flinch although he is apparently no match for his daughter. Despite Subaru's consistent mistreatment of him, he is shown to dote on his daughter and is very protective of her.
- Kinjirō's and Kureha's father and their mother's coach. He tends to be abused by Akemi a lot. Before passing away from an illness, he asked Kinjirō to become a good man. Kinjirō uses his name so that no one will make a fun of his full name.
- Akemi Sakamachi (坂町 明美 Sakamachi Akemi?)
- Kinjirō's and Kureha's mother and female pro wrestler. She is called "Queen of Knockouts". She has beaten every person that went against her and now no one wants to face her, so travels around the world fighting dangerous animals.
|1||Mayo Chiki! (まよチキ！)||November 25, 2009||ISBN 978-4-8401-3084-4|
|2||Mayo Chiki! 2 (まよチキ！2)||January 25, 2010||ISBN 978-4-8401-3155-1|
|3||Mayo Chiki! 3 (まよチキ！3)||April 30, 2010||ISBN 978-4-8401-3278-7|
|4||Mayo Chiki! 4 (まよチキ！4)||July 31, 2010||ISBN 978-4-8401-3453-8|
|5||Mayo Chiki! 5 (まよチキ！5)||October 31, 2010||ISBN 978-4-8401-3550-4|
|6||Mayo Chiki! 6 (まよチキ！6)||January 25, 2011||ISBN 978-4-8401-3697-6|
|7||Mayo Chiki! 7 (まよチキ！7)||April 24, 2011||ISBN 978-4-8401-3894-9|
|8||Mayo Chiki! 8 (まよチキ！8)||June 24, 2011||ISBN 978-4-8401-3940-3|
|9||Mayo Chiki! 9 (まよチキ！9)||September 11, 2011||ISBN 978-4-8401-4240-3|
|10||Mayo Chiki! 10 (まよチキ！10)||January 25, 2012||ISBN 978-4-8401-4367-7|
|11||Mayo Chiki! 11 (まよチキ！11)||April 25, 2012||ISBN 978-4-8401-4547-3|
|12||Mayo Chiki! 12 (まよチキ！12)||July 23, 2012||ISBN 978-4-8401-4639-5|
|This section requires expansion. (November 2013)|
|01||"End of Earth"
"Endo obu Āsu" (エンド・オブ・アース)
|July 7, 2011|
|High school student Kinjirō Sakamachi had a rude awakening from his sister, Kureha Sakamachi. After he arrives at school, he narrates the circumstance of Subaru Konoe being a butler of Kanade Suzutsuki. It was then revealed he may have gynophobia, after a weird encounter with Nakuru Narumi. He cools himself off in the toilet where he discovers Subaru Konoe wearing girl's underwear, a dispute happens and Subaru starts chasing Kinjirō around the school, attacking him. After an attempt to save Subaru from a falling object. Kinjirō discovers Subaru is a girl from her chest causing the angered Subaru to throw a fire extinguisher at him knocking him unconscious. He wakes up in the infirmary, chained to the bed except for one hand which he uses to discover Kanade by his side, after being teased by her she explains her family's circumstance and why Subaru has to dress up as a boy. She threatens Kinjirō with a violent Subaru and his gynophobia (a nose bleed when a girl touches him). It is then revealed that Kanade might be a sadist. She forcibly forms a contract with him to keep the Subaru gender matter a secret and finding a way to cure his phobia. Then begins his nightmarish school life.|
|02||"I Fell in Love!"
"Daisuki ni Nacchatta!" (大好きになっちゃった!)
|July 14, 2011|
|The episode briefly narrates how Kinjirō's new proximity to Subaru has led to rumors that they were going out which in turn earns Kinjirō earning the ire of the S4 or the "Shooting Star Subaru-Sama" fan club though their attempts at attacking him are thwarted by the "Let's warmly protect Subaru-Sama committee" a fan club that was split from the S4 due to a disagreement on whether to support Subaru's "relationship" or not. In an attempt to cure Kinjirō's gynophobia, Kanade has him go on a mock date with Subaru Konoe while giving him a "sheep ticket" as an apology for her actions. At the end of the date, Kanade tells him to use the sheep ticket which is revealed to be the equivalent on an order that cannot be refused for Subaru who, with obvious difficulty, asks Kinjirō for an order while referring to him as master. In panic, he asks her to say "baah" after seeing the plush "Lost Sheep" toy he had won for her which she does so in a cute fashion but this puts her into shock where she begins asking Kinjirō for anything else while violating his personal space. His sister Kureha however, is revealed to have been spying on them the whole time and believes that Subaru is a man dressing up as a girl and attacks her in a rage only to get defeated causing her to end up falling in love with her. Later, Kinjirō and Subaru end up bonding and becoming friends when, during a school physical examination, they help each other and keep each others' respective secret of gynophobia and being a girl despite the considerable embarrassment they were forced to go through to which they begin addressing each other by their first names.|
|03||"Of Course, In the Bed"
"Mochiron, Beddo no Uede" (もちろん、ベッドの上で)
|July 21, 2011|
|Kanade invites Kinjirō, Subaru and Kureha to a double date while settling the issue from Kureha seeing Kinjirō on a date with Subaru by claiming that she and Kinjirō were lovers. At the pool, Kanade reveals to Kinjirō that she and Subaru were once kidnapped for ransom when they were children. After an incident where Kinjirō rescues a drowning girl he ends up drowning himself where he flashbacks to his childhood where his father explains his name had the character for "close" because it meant "stand by me". When he comes to, where it is implied that Subaru gave him mouth to mouth resuscitation, he and Subaru get a strange phone call from a man with a wolf's face, who is holding a knife and is revealed to have kidnapped Kanade and Kureha. Subaru starts to feel like Kinjirō does when he touches a girl and reveals she has a phobia of knives, stemming from the traumatic childhood kidnapping incident where she felt she was inadequate as a butler because of her inability to protect Kanade as a child. Though clearly fearful she resolves to rescue Kanade and Kureha only for Kinjirō to knock her out, apologizing and stating that she could say whatever she wanted to him afterwards. Though he attempts to fight off the kidnapper, the kidnapper is revealed to be a surprisingly skillful hand to hand fighter and easily beats Kinjirō. Subaru however, comes to his rescue and defeats the kidnapper, while overcoming her fear of knives. Afterwards it is revealed that the kidnapper was actually Subaru's father Nagare and that the whole incident was orchestrated by Kanade in order to help Subaru get over her fear of knives, believing that Kinjirō would help as he also had a phobia. Later a tearful Subaru tells Kinjirō not to risk himself again, stating that she was scared her first friend would end up being stabbed. However, Kureha interrupts their moment and inadvertently revealed that Kanade stated she was going out with Kinjirō to which Subaru immediately reacts with anger, forcing Kinjirō to run away with Kanade from both Subaru and Kureha.|
|04||"Don't Stare at Me Like That..."
"Anmari Jirojiro Miruna..." (あんまりジロジロみるな…)
|July 28, 2011|
|Kinjirō begins a cheerful, for once, morning with the start of the Golden Week holiday and Kureha gone to club camp for three days. Just as he prepares to have breakfast someone rings the doorbell. To his surprise he finds Subaru dressed up in cat girl gear and carrying luggage, asking him if she could stay with him. He receives a call from Kanade who explains that Subaru had been kicked out of the mansion and she needs a place to stay. Kinjirō agrees to let her stay and Subaru, grateful for this, decides to be his butler for the duration of her stay. Kinjirō takes a bath only for her to come in insisting that, as his butler, she should wash his back. However, midway through Kureha ends up returning, due to her getting her arm broken after she fought a bear, causing a brief misunderstanding when she sees Subaru's undergarments in the wash basket. Afterwards, Kanade also arrives stating that she has also decided to live with Kinjirō as his maid. After she and Subaru have a brief competition on who is the better servant, Kinjirō suddenly passes out from a cold much to Kureha and Subaru's distress (where it is revealed that Kinjirō and Kureha's father and Subaru's mother both died from an illness). After Subaru attempts to treat him with several questionable cures, Kanade finally explains the situation; taking Kinjirō to the river it is revealed that Subaru's father Nagare has also been sent away due to a fight he had with Subaru about what happened at the pool. At first Subaru refuses to return to the mansion, stating that she was his butler and it was her job to take care of him, fearful that she might lose him just like her mother. Although he almost passes out from his cold he convinces her to make amends with her father and return to the mansion. At the end of Golden Week, Subaru thanks Kinjirō in embarrassment. Kanade notes her surprise that Subaru wouldn't thank anyone but her and, after stating that he wasn't such a chicken anymore, kisses Kinjirō.|
|05||"Please Go Out With Me"
"Atashi to Tsukiai Nasai" (アタシと付き合いなさい)
|August 4, 2011|
|During one morning Kinjirō, on his way to school, ends up getting run over by a girl on a scooter. He identifies her as someone who goes to his school by her uniform only to notice that his glasses were caught in her thigh boots and he ends up causing a misunderstanding when he states "there's something in there that I want" which causes the girl to attack him. After he retrieves his glasses, the girl, whose name is revealed to be Masamune Usami, suddenly recognizes him and attacks him again while demanding how he managed to befriend Subaru and ends up knocking him out. When Kinjirō comes to he is surprised to find he was in the infirmary where it is revealed that Subaru and Kanade found him passed out on the road and brought him to school. After he nervously asks where Kanade was, Subaru notes that he had been avoiding her since the end of Golden Week (i.e. after she kisses him). Subaru states that he can tell her anything but in return shyly asks him to go to the school festival with her which he agrees too. Subaru however is shocked when he talks about his first kiss which she mistakenly believes he is referring to her (due to the pool incident where she apparently “kisses” him while giving him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation), after he states he would rather redo it she misconstrues that he wants to kiss her again and she attempts to do so only for Kanade interrupting where she slyly notes that it had been awhile since Kinjirō has talked to her. After Kinjirō recovers he ends up running into Masamune again where she explains that she was a member of the S4. She blackmails Kinjirō into pretending to be her boyfriend for the school festival in order to undermine the "Let's warmly protect Subaru-Sama committee" but Subaru ends up overhearing and punches Kinjirō in the stomach in anger and runs off upset. Kinjirō is forced to walk Masamune to the stores where they converse and share stories about their families and they start becoming more friendly towards each other. The next day, the cat-eared girl, Nakuru Narumi that Kinjirō ran into is shown spying on Subaru.|
|06||"Let's Start a War"
"Sensō o Hajimemashō" (戦争を始めましょう)
|August 11, 2011|
|It was the day of the school festival and Kinjirō and Masamune go through with their “fake date”. As they are eating lunch, Masamune offers to make Kinjirō lunch tomorrow as thanks for helping her. As he is about to agree, they are interrupted by a jealous Subaru who declares that she would be watching them for the remainder of the festival. As a result Subaru ends up following them everywhere while she and Masamune fight over Kinjirō, who is on the verge of fainting because of his gynophobia, which is exacerbated by the fact that Subaru was wearing a Qipao (due to Subaru’s class doing a cross-dressing cafe). However, they are drawn into an animal café by a mascot “Lost Sheep” where they meet Kureha who is revealed to be on (one-sided) friendly terms with Masamune. Masamune reveals to Kinjirō that she was jealous of the fact that Kureha could express herself so freely and was close to her family, she abruptly tells Kinjirō that he could leave stating that she could see he wasn’t having fun with her. Kinjirō however, is drawn outside by the lost sheep mascot who explains her name was Nakuru Narumi and she was the chairwoman of the "Let's warmly protect Subaru-Sama committee" and is aware of Masamune’s plot to undermine the committee and claims that her promise to get the S4 to leave him alone was a lie which is confirmed by Masamune who immediately leaves upset. Subaru demands an explanation and Kinjirō explains how her two fan clubs are at war with him stuck in the middle. Nakuru brings Kinjirō and Subaru to the meeting between the two clubs but they end up blowing their cover when it is revealed that Kanade was in fact a member of the S4. The war turns out to be a cult quiz about Subaru with the last question being who was Subaru’s first kiss. At Kinjirō’s urging, Konoe reluctantly reveals that it was in fact Kinjirō (much to his shock) after she kissed him on impulse at the pool while he was unconscious. Later Kanade reveals that Masamune had quit the S4 just before the quiz. Kinjirō finds Masamune on top of the roof where she narrates that the reason she found Subaru interesting was because “he” seemed like her; cold, aloof and alone, but changed when “he” met Kinjirō so she wanted to see what it was about him that was special and could maybe change her as well. Though she tries to leave she is stopped by Kinjirō who drags her along to Subaru and Kanade and introduces her as his friend. Subaru, after having everything explained to her by Kanade, also agrees to becomes friends with her. Later, Kinjirō confides his gynophobia with Masamune who decides that her first course as his friend was to help him cure it.|
"Kakeochi Shiyou" (駆け落ちしよう)
|August 18, 2011|
|Kinjirō is walking home when he suddenly meets Subaru, he is tricked into drinking a drugged drink which quickly knocks him out. When he comes to he finds that he had been taken to a hot spring resort next to the beach where Kanade is, once again, revealed to be the culprit. Kanade explains that she had run away from home because of her parent’s decision to travel abroad for summer holidays, she also further elaborates that she had Kinjirō brought to help cure his gynophobia. Subaru ends up catching them in a comprising situation and immediately demands an explanation from Kinjirō, afterwards it is revealed that Kanade had told the innkeepers that she and Kinjirō eloped as a cover story where it is implied by Subaru and Kanade that they had an ulterior motive for coming to the inn. The trio go down to the beach to begin Kinjirō’s treatment during which he leaves to buy a drink, he is however surprised to find Kureha, Masamune and Nakuru working at the café and they explain how they were chased away from their camp by a shark. However, Subaru and Kanade end up appearing at the café as well and Kinjirō drags them both away and has Subaru put on glasses to protect her gender from being found out. Kanade introduces Subaru as Punyuru Takanashi, Subaru’s “cousin”. Masamune drags away Kinjirō and grills him for the reason why he was on a holiday with Kanade, however, Kanade ends up eavesdropping and claims that they are lovers even going so far as revealing that they are staying in the same room and have "slept together". Masamune doesn’t believe her however and states that she trusts her friend, Kinjirō more than her backing up her claim by revealing how he had dinner at her home and that they were “skin-to-skin”. Subaru ends up overhearing and runs away upset though Kinjirō manages to catch up and clarify things; he went to Masamune’s house because of her promise to cook him lunch but she then attempted to cure his gynophobia by putting on a bikini and clinging on to him (hence “skin-to-skin”), this calms down Subaru, although she punches him in the stomach because of his “sexual harassment”. Kanade ends up inviting everyone to stay at the inn that night but Nagare, Subaru’s father, appears to take them back home. However Kanade and Subaru manage to coerce him into staying by threatening to call the police on him for attempting to “kidnap Punyuru”. Afterwards Kinjirō notices that Subaru was looking at something sadly…|
|08||"The First Time"
"Hajimete Nanda" (初めてなんだ)
|August 25, 2011|
|Kinjirō is having trouble sleeping because of all the females around him and he takes a bath in the hot spring to calm himself however Subaru was already using it (men's side) in order to avoid one of the girls discovering her gender accidentally. Nagare ends up walking in as well, forcing Subaru to hide behind Kinjirō. Nagare and Kinjirō exchanged some civil, though hostile, talk where Nagare demands to know what Kinjirō’s relationship with his daughter is to which Kinjirō insists that they were nothing more than good friends (something which irritates Subaru), as Nagare leaves he ends up finding Subaru’s underwear and deduces that she bathed with Kinjirō causing him to attack him in a frenzy only to be knocked out by Subaru, but this ends up exposing her to Kinjirō prompting her to knock him out as well. The next day, where neither Kinjirō or Nagare remember what happened, everyone goes down to the summer festival, with Subaru once again pretending to be “Punyuru Takanashi”, but Subaru ends up disappearing halfway through. Kinjirō is directed to the Takanashi family grave where it is revealed that it was the anniversary of Subaru’s mother’s death; the reason that they ran away was so that Subaru could visit the grave. Kinjirō finds Subaru who explains that her mother had always worried about her as she could never make any friends as a child, Kinjirō comforts a crying Subaru and asks to be introduced to her mother. Later, everyone enters a paint ball contest where the winner gets a kiss from Subaru/Punyuru, the winner of an earlier beauty contest. Kinjirō tries hard to win but ends up getting knocked out by Kanade, when he comes to he is lying on Subaru’s lap and the two watch the fireworks together at the end of the festival. Subaru notes that summer vacation was almost over and they would have to go back to school soon, Kinjirō complains that the next semester would be hard on him but adds that he was already used to it, citing it as their everyday life and claiming that he and Subaru were friends forever. Subaru however refuses saying that she didn’t want to be “just” friends with Kinjirō.|
|09||"I'm Travelling for a While"
"Shibaraku Tabi ni Demasu" (しばらく旅に出ます)
|September 1, 2011|
|Kinjirō finds himself working part-time at a Maid Café to repay Masamune for the loan of her Summer homework. The appearance of Kanade (without Subaru) complicates matters greatly. Meanwhile, Subaru, frantically searching for Kanade, is mistaken for someone who's supposed to fill in at a Butler Café. To add a bit more complication to Kinjirō's day, Nakuru and Kureha show up to help out at the Maid Café as well.|
|September 8, 2011|
|Kureha celebrates her 16th birthday with her friends, Kanade, Subaru, Masamune, and Narumi. Kanade orders some boys that makes games to make a game for Kureha, and Masamune. When Kureha was taking a ride home from Kanade, she was afraid of Kinjirō forgetting that it is her birthday, and tells Kanade and Subaru about her previous birthdays.|
|September 15, 2011|
|It is the start of the new semester and Subaru still has Kinjirō in her mind. She fetches Kinjirō and is nearly hit with Masamune's scooter in the process. Kanade brings a delicious lunch and shares it with Kinjirō and Subaru. After eating, Subaru becomes slightly drunk because of the wine mixed in with the food. Kanade puts some sauce onto Kinjiro's neck, forcing Subaru to lick it. Kanade begins to experience an episode of hiccups and they head to the clinic. Subaru, back to her normal self, informs Kinjirō that Kanade's hiccups cause major chaos in their family but it also makes her attractive. Kanade adds that her hiccups are her constant weakness, and tells Subaru to get her tools for her hiccup treatment. Kanade attempts to make love with Kinjirō but he pushes her away, running out from the clinic and bumps Subaru. Kanade leaves the clinic with a smile, together with Subaru and Kinjirō, until suddenly she falls down the stairs and Subaru fails to save her. At the hospital, Kanade recovers from an ankle injury and Subaru feels that she is responsible for Kanade's injury. While Kinjirō comforts Subaru, Nagare tells Subaru that she is now relieved from her duties as a butler but Kanade insists Subaru must stay on her side and will convince her father. Feeling guilty, Subaru denies and leaves. Kinjirō follows her until they meet up on the overpass. Subaru runs away after thanking Kinjirō with a kiss, which leaves Kinjirō passed out with a nosebleed.|
|12||"Stray Butler and I - the Chicken"
"Mayoeru Shitsuji to Chikin'na Ore to" (迷える執事とチキンな俺と)
|September 22, 2011|
|Masamune finds and wakes up the unconscious Kinjirō on the overpass. Kinjirō realizes where Subaru might be and Masamune gives him a ride to the inn at the hot spring resort where they had previously gone over the summer. Kinjiro finds Subaru there and they spend the night at the inn. That night, it is revealed that Subaru has deeper feelings for Kinjiro that involve going further than just kissing, but Kinjirō declines because he doesn't want to just do it on impulse (and because of his gynophobia). The next morning, Kanade picks up Subaru and Kinjirō and they go to school. Because Subaru is no longer a butler, when Kinjirō asks where Subaru is, Kanade tells Kinjirō that Subaru transferred schools. The "Let's warmly protect Subaru-Sama committee", S4, and Kinjirō are all shocked at this news, but then a new transfer student comes in, Punyuru Takanashi, who is actually Subaru, but dressed like a normal girl. Punyuru is invited to eat lunch with Kinjirō when Subaru reveals to him that she enjoys being a butler more than a "normal" school girl. With that in mind, Kinjirō enlists the help of the S4 to get petitions signed so that Subaru can become a butler again. The next day, Subaru is helping Kanade out of the car as her butler and everything returns to normal (except it turns out that Punyuru had to "transfer" to another school again). Later that night, Subaru calls Kinjirō over to the park where she thanks him by forcefully planting a kiss on him. Kinjirō subsequently gets a nosebleed and passes out and the episode ends with him reflecting on how long their adventures as a wandering butler and a gynophobic chicken will last.|
|13||"Please Fondle It!"
"Monde Kudasai!" (揉んでください!)
|September 29, 2011|
|After Kinjirō finds a "BL" magazine inside of his secret stash of magazines located under his bed, The story of how it got there begins to unfold. The start of this episode begins with Nakuru showing up unexpectedly at Kinjirō's house. After a short confrontation at the door, Nakuru lets slip that she was in Kinjirō's bed the previous night. Kinjirō inquires leading into a series of flash back scenes from Nakuru's point of view. In the first Scene we witness an unknown figure from on top of an adjacent building taking a photo of Subaru while she's in the bath. Seeing a flash from on top of that building, Subaru gives chase in order to protect her identity, as a male, and to discover who the photographer is. Discovering it was Nakuru, Subaru avoids inflicting serious injuries. The second scene takes place in a small cafe' where Subaru finds out the picture was too foggy to reveal her Secret. Subaru is told by Nakuru that the photo was to be sold in order to help publish her "BL" short stories. Kanade has joined them by this time and donates some pictures to Nakuru's cause. Needing help with putting the "BL" stories together, Nakuru asks Kureha and Usami for help. Nakuru offers Kureha pictures of Subaru for payment. Kureha offers a favor for these photos allowing Nakuru into Kinjirō's room. (Hence the BL MAG). Nakuru reveals that she is hiding a secret. In the next flash back, Kureha and Masamune go under cover following Nakuru. Nakuru eventually attempt to tell Kureha and Masamune, but fails. This act leads us out of the flash backs with Nakuru and Kinjirō standing on the threshold of Kinjirō's house. Nakuru then asks Kinjirō on a date. Kinjirō obliges and they go to a beach front board walk where Nakuru reveals to Kinjirō she has a complex with her breasts because of the confession from earlier. Kinjirō informs Nakuru that is not all that a man looks for in a woman. Nakuru then asks Kinjirō to help her with her complex, he unwillingly agrees.|
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (June 2011)|
- "まよチキ! 7 (MFコミックス アライブシリーズ)" (in Japanese). Amazon.co.jp. Retrieved February 5, 2014.
- "まよマヨ！ （２） (角川コミックス・エース 336-2)" (in Japanese). Amazon.co.jp. Retrieved February 5, 2014.
- "Sentai Filmworks Adds Mayo Chiki Anime". Anime News Network. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- "まよチキ!". www.mediafactory.co.jp (in Japanese). 2009-11-25. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- "Mayo Chiki! Light Novel Scheduled to End With Next Volume". animenewsnetwork.com. 2012-04-25. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- "まよチキ!" (in Japanese). Web Newtype. Archived from the original on June 12, 2011. Retrieved June 12, 2011.
- "まよチキ！" (in Japanese). Web Newtype. Archived from the original on July 10, 2011. Retrieved July 10, 2011.
- "まよチキ！" (in Japanese). Web Newtype. Archived from the original on August 10, 2011. Retrieved August 10, 2011.
- "まよチキ!" (in Japanese). Web Newtype. Archived from the original on October 1, 2011. Retrieved October 2, 2011.