|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2015)|
|Irish: Droichead Mhaigh Eo|
Mayobridge shown within Northern Ireland
|Population||965 (2011 Census)|
|Irish grid reference|
|District||Newry and Mourne|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||Northern Ireland|
|UK Parliament||South Down|
|NI Assembly||South Down|
Coordinates: Mayobridge (from Irish Droichead Mhaigh Eo, meaning "bridge on the plain of yews") is a former village within Newry, County Down, Northern Ireland. It is located within the Newry and Mourne District Council area - it had a population of 965 people in the 2011 Census.
Mayobridge is classified as a small village or hamlet by the NI Statistics and Research Agency (NISRA). For more details see: NI Neighbourhood Information Service. The Mayobridge ward (which includes a surrounding rural area) had a population of 965 on Census Day (27 March 2011). Of these:
- 26.9% of these were under 16 and 8.3% over 65 years of age;
- 51.8% of the population were male and 48.2% were female;
- 94.8% belonged to or were brought up in the Roman Catholic religion and 2.7% belonged to or were brought up in the Protestant religion;
- 6.2% of people aged 16–74 were unemployed.
- St. Patrick's Primary School is a primary school, located on Chapel Hill.
- Kieran Goss (b. 1962,) contemporary singer, songwriter
- Tommy Sands (b. 1945,) folk singer, songwriter and radio broadcaster
- Mickey Linden, Gaelic footballer, winner of All-Ireland Senior Football Championship in 1991 and 1994
- Tom O'Hare (b. 1942,) Gaelic footballer, winner of All-Ireland Senior Football Championship in 1968
St. Patrick's Gaelic Athletic Club, Mayobridge is the oldest Gaelic Athletic Association club in County Down.
Mayobridge won their tenth Down Senior Football Championship (and their fifth consecutive championship) in 2008 - adding to the success of the club, Mayobridge's reserve (seconds) team also won the Down Premier Reserve Football Championship and their minor team won the Down Minor Football Championship in 2008.
Mayobridge's under-16 team also won the Down Under-16 Football League and the Championship in 2006. Other underage teams (under-8 and under-10 teams) have gone unbeaten in 2006.
Former and current county footballers from Mayobridge
- Tom O'Hare - Former
Achievements: All-Ireland Senior Football Championship (1968)
- Mickey Linden - Former
Achievements: All-Ireland Senior Football Championship (1991 & 1994) and All Stars Award (1994)
- Brendan Coulter - Current
Achievements: All-Ireland Minor Football Championship (1999) and All Stars Award (2010)
- Ronan Sexton - Current
Achievements: All-Ireland Minor Football Championship (1999)
- Conor Garvey - Current
Achievements: All-Ireland Minor Football Championship (2005) and Ulster Under-21 Football Championship (2008)
- Cathal Magee - Current
Achievements: All-Ireland Minor Football Championship (2005,) Dr. McKenna Cup (2008) and Ulster Under-21 Football Championship (2008)
- Ryan Brady - Current
- Keith Quinn - Current
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mayobridge.|