Mayonnaise in 2013.
|Origin||Metro Manila, PH|
Pinoy rock (OPM)
|Labels||Sony Music / Vamp Records (2003-2007)
Viva Records (2008-2011)
The Yellow Room Music (2011-present)
|Associated acts||Banat Boys|
|Past members||Lee Maningas
Mayonnaise is a 6-piece Filipino alternative rock band. The band is fronted by Monty Macalino who due to his unarguably hefty body figure, makes him the most visible member of the group. The band is famous for winning the prestigious Red Horse Muziklaban in 2004.
The band was launched in 2004 after winning the Grand Prize of the Red Horse Muziklaban 2004. Their debut self-titled album, Mayonnaise was launched with their 1st single, "Jopay" which was released by Sony Music Philippines. Jopay is a reference of a former member of the Sexbomb Dancers. Their next single was "Bakit Part 2" which became a radio airplay hit. Lee Maningas left the band some time in 2008 to migrate to the United States and was replaced by Poch Villalon.
Their follow-up 2nd album, Pa'no Nangyari Yun? was released in 2006 with their carrier single, "Salamin". The same year, the band also covered the song, '"Ipagpatawad Mo", originally from VST and Company. The song was included in their collaboration album, Hopia Mani Popcorn.
In 2008, Mayonnaise released their 3rd album, Tersera which was launched with their singles, "Singungaling", "Torres" and "Sakto". The band released their 4th album, Pula in 2010 with the carrier single, "Sa Pula, Sa Puti".
In 2013, Paga Manikan left the group to concentrate on his own band, the Banat Boys. Popularly known as a 4-piece group, the band announced its 3 new members shortly after Manikan's departure via their official social media accounts. Aaron Brosoto, Carlo Servano and Jaztin Mercado, who used to play with them as session musicians, officially filled in as guitarists and keyboardist respectively.
- Monty Macalino - lead vocals / guitar / keyboards
- Poch Villalon - bass guitar / backup vocals
- Shan Regalado - drums
- Aaron Brosoto - lead guitar / backup vocals (since 2013)
- Carlo Servano - rhythm guitar (since 2013)
- Jaztin Mercado - keyboards / keytar (since 2013)
- Lee Maningas - bass guitar / backup vocals
- Paga Manikan - lead guitar
Behind the name
|Mayonnaise||The Only Thing
Bakit Part 1
Pink White Blue
Bakit Part 2
|2004||Sony Music / VAMP Records|
|Pa'no Nangyari Yun?||Pa'no Nangyari Yun?
Deeper Meaning Of Love
Japan (Of Knives And Scissors)
Sana Kung (Ayaw Mo Na)
|2006||Sony Music / VAMP Records|
Looking For Love
Sa Piling Mo
|Pula||L'ouverture in Resso
Sa Pula, Sa Puti
Dahil Ikaw (Ang Kailangan Ko)
Kapag Lasing Malambing
Salamat I. Salamat II. Ang Gamot III. Dahil Ikaw (Reprise)
Awit Sa Mga Buhay Bente
|Tayo Na Lang Dalawa||Bwelo
Tayo Na Lang Dalawa
Pag Wala Ka
Ayaw Mo Na Sa Akin
|2014||The Yellow Room Music|
- Red Horse Muziklaban 2004 Compilation (Sony Music, 2004)
- The Best Of Manila Sound: Hopia Mani Popcorn (Viva Records, 2006)
- The Reunion: An Eraserheads Tribute Album (Star Records, 2012)
- Ligaya (Originally by The Eraserheads, also covered by Kitchie Nadal)
- Ipagpatawad Mo (Originally by VST & Co., also covered by Janno Gibbs)
- Sa Pula, Sa Puti
- Kapag Lasing Malambing
- Sabay Tayo (Theme from "ABS-CBN 2"'s The Biggest Loser: Pinoy Edition)
- Dahil Ikaw (Ang Kailangan Ko)
- Sana Kung (2012 re-release)