||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2012)|
|Ethnicity||Sirionó people, Yuqui people|
srq – Sirionó
yuq – Yuqui (Yúki)
jor – Jorá (Hora)†
Sirionó (also Mbia Chee, Mbya, Siriono) is a Tupian (Tupi–Guarani, Subgroup II) language spoken by about 400 Sirionó people (50 are monolingual) in eastern Bolivia (eastern Beni and northwestern Santa Cruz departments) in the village of Ibiato (Eviato) and along the Río Blanco in farms and ranches.
Sirionó has phonemic contrasts between front, central, and back, close and mid vowels, i.e.
|i ĩ||ɨ ɨ̃||u ũ|
|e ẽ||ə ə̃||o õ|
- Firestone, Homer L. (1965). Description and Classification of Sirionó. London: Mouton.
- Homberg, Allan. (1958). The Sirionó. In J. Steward (Ed.), Handbook of South American Indians: The Tropical Forest Tribes (Vol. 3, pp. 455–463. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office.
- Homberg, Allan. (1969). Nomads of the Long Bow: The Sirionó of Eastern Bolivia (rev. ed.). Garden City, NY: Natural History Press.
- Ingham, John M. (1971). Are the Siriono Raw or Cooked? American Anthropologist, 73 (5), 1092-1099.
- Priest, Perry N.; Priest, Anne M.; & Grimes, Joseph E. (1961). Simultaneous Orderings in Sirionó (Guaraní). International Journal of American Linguistics, 27, 335-44.
- Scheffler, Harold W. (1972). Systems of Kin Classification: A Structural Typology. In P. Reining (Ed.), Kinship Studies in the Morgan Centennial Year (pp. 111–33). Washington, D.C.: Anthropological Society of Washington.
- Scheffler, Harold W.; & Lounsbury, Floyd G. (1971). A Study in Structural Semantics: The Sirionó Kinship System. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- Sirionó dictionary online from IDS (select simple or advanced browsing)
- PROEL: Lengua Sirionó
- Language Museum: Sirionó (bible translation)
- Environment, Culture, and Sirionó Plant Names
- Lenguas de Bolivia (online edition)
|This Tupian languages-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|