McArthur Township, Logan County, Ohio
|McArthur Township, Logan County, Ohio|
A quarry in northern McArthur Township
Location of McArthur Township in Ohio
Municipalities and townships of Logan County
|• Total||27.5 sq mi (71.2 km2)|
|• Land||27.4 sq mi (71.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||1,191 ft (363 m)|
|• Density||71.1/sq mi (27.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086487|
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Richland Township - north
- Rushcreek Township - east
- Lake Township - southeast
- Harrison Township - southwest
- Washington Township - west
Name and history
It is the only McArthur Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
In the Elections of November 2011, D. Bruce Tracey without opposition retained the position of township trustee while Constance Hall was elected without opposition to the position of township fiscal officer.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Logan County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 12 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Kilbourn, John (1833). "The Ohio Gazetteer, or, a Topographical Dictionary". Scott and Wright. p. 284. Retrieved 12 December 2013.