Phase four as of March 2014.
|Opening date||2010 (partial)
Jones Lang LaSalle
|No. of stores and services||40+|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||1,000,000 square feet (93,000 m2)|
|No. of floors||1 (some anchors feature multiple levels)|
McCandless Crossing is an open-air lifestyle center in McCandless, Pennsylvania, about 10 miles north of Pittsburgh. The $100 million development is currently under construction with a projected completion date of 2016.
The mixed-use project opened partially in 2010 with the completion of the first phase, which includes a Lowe's Home Improvement store and smaller shops. As of 2013, phases two and three have been completed and include a Hilton Home2 hotel, an LA Fitness, and a day care center.
The fourth phase, which includes a 250,000 square feet (23,000 m2) town center, started development in 2013 with the construction of three anchor stores: Dick's Sporting Goods, Cinemark Theatres, and HomeGoods. The project is expected to partially open in early 2014, with the opening of the three anchor stores, with the completion scheduled for autumn of 2014. The fourth phase will also include 53 townhomes, developed by Ryan Homes.
On January 30, 2014, it was announced that the work on McCandless Crossing would extend into 2016 due to harsh winter weather conditions delaying progress.
Dick's Sporting Goods became the first completed business of phase four and opened on April 9, 2014, replacing the previous Shoppes at Northway location. The Cinemark movie theater opened in September 2014, with various restaurants and retailers opening in July and August 2014.
The project is being developed by AdVenture Development, a development firm based in Selma, North Carolina. The project consists of four phases each occupying a section of the 130 acre site. The first phase opened in 2010 with a Lowe's Home Improvement store, the second in 2011 with an LA Fitness, and the third in 2013 with a Hilton Home2 hotel. The fourth phase is currently under construction and is expected to partially open in spring of 2014.
- Cinemark Theatres – 41,705 square feet (3,874.5 m2)
- Dick's Sporting Goods – 50,000 square feet (4,600 m2)
- HomeGoods – 25,095 square feet (2,331.4 m2)
- LA Fitness
- Lowe's Home Improvement
- Parrish, Tory (2 February 2014). "McCandless Crossing work to extend to 2016". North Journal by Trib Total Media.
- Cueni-Cohen, Jill (1 August 2013). "McCandless Crossing complex continues to develop". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- Shumway, John (24 October 2013). "Construction Continues At McCandless Crossing Development". CBS Pittsburgh. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- Richard, Cook. "McCandless Crossing Update: Ryan Homes Taking Over Construction of Townhomes". North Allegheny Patch. Patch. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "DICK'S Sporting Goods Announces Grand Opening of Relocated Store at McCandless Crossing in Pittsburgh, PA". MarketWatch by The Wall Street Journal. 3 April 2014. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Tentative Scheduled Openings". Newest News. Town of McCandless. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- Vancheri, Barbara (19 September 2014). "Curtain rises on new amenities-packed movie theater in McCandless". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (PG Publishing Co, Inc.). Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- "McCandless Crossing". Retrieved 8 January 2014.
|This article about a United States shopping mall is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|