McEachern High School
|McEachern High School|
|2400 New Macland Road
Powder Springs, GA 30127
|School district||Cobb County School District|
|Principal||Mrs. Regina Montgomery|
|Color(s)||Blue and Gold|
|Rival||Hillgrove High School|
John McEachern High School or McEachern High School is a public high school established in 1908 in Powder Springs, Georgia, USA. It was originally established as the Seventh District Agricultural and Mechanical School. Due to its history, McEachern has an open campus, with its buildings spaced across the property. McEachern is the largest school in the CCSD, with around 2,500 students, in grades 9-12.
- Alumni House - upper floor is home to the grounds keeper, Bill, while the lower level holds the office of the Trust board.
- Business Technology Building (BT) - Bottom floor houses Foreign Language classes. Top floor houses business classes.
- Career-Tech building (CT) - Contains Auto-Tech, Health, Graphic Arts, Cosmetology and other technology courses.
- New Dining Hall - During the 2007-08 School year, A new state of the art dining hall was built where the old John McEachern Building once stood.
- Old Dining Hall - The bottom remains in use by NJROTC and the top is used as a new book room. Two of the three classrooms next to the book room are assigned to NJROTC for academic instruction.
- Dobbs Hall - Houses Science classes and the library on the bottom level.
- Fine Arts Center (FAC) - Houses the band room, Book Room, and old theater. (Will be replaced by a new gym.)
- Freshman Center (FC or F) - Freshmen advisement is held here as well as Freshmen courses. Basement holds most extra-curricular courses, such as Art, Culinary-Arts, and others.
- John McEachern Building (JM) - English classes were held here. Was torn down
- Macland Hall - Houses Social Studies classes, Special Education classes, and a FACS Nutrition and Wellness classroom.
- Physical Education & Hall of Fame Building - Newest building across from Business Technology building and connecting to the Cantrell Stadium. Gym classes are held here.
- Lovinggood Gym(New Gym) - All gym classes take place here.
- Mosley Scaffe Gym(Old Gym) - Demolished Summer 2009 - to be replaced by an even bigger new Gym.
- Performing Art Center (PAC) - Houses the Orchestra, Chorus, and Drama classes as well as the John Alton Keith Theater.
- Russell Hall - Main offices are found here. It is the original building on campus.
- Senior & Junior Buildings - Two of the older buildings on campus, the Junior and Senior buildings are home to the Math department.
- New Fine Arts center - beside the PAC across from the parking lot by the Orchestra/Chorus exits.
- Walter H. Cantrell stadium - A 12,500 seat stadium (making it the largest high school stadium in the state of Georgia) used primarily for football, soccer, marching band exhibitions,graduation ceremonies.
- Morris Almond - Drafted 25th overall the Utah Jazz. Played for Rice University.
- Gregg Bishop - Film Director, screenwriter and Producer. 
- Lissa Endriga - International Model/ TV Host for Travel Show Destination X TV
- Ted Laurent - Offensive Linemen for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Ole Miss Rebels.
- Mark Lee - Lead Guitarist for the four-time Grammy Award winning band Third Day graduated in 1991.
- Gerald McRath - Linebacker for Southern Miss. Drafted by the Tennessee Titans in the 2009 NFL draft as an outside line backer.Graduated 2004.
- Adam Meadows - Four year starter for the University of Georgia, drafted by the Indianapolis Colts.
- Patrick N. Millsaps - Chief of Staff to Newt 2012, political analyst on Fox News, CNN & MSNBC graduated in 1991.
- Chris Pope - Internet Personality/Executive Producer/Celebrity Social Media Publicist.
- Mac Powell - Lead singer of the four-time Grammy Award winning band Third Day graduated in 1991.
- Ken Rodriguez - Fox 5 Sports anchor
- Doc Shaw - Actor: Tyler Perry's House of Payne, The Suite Life on Deck, and Pair of Kings 
- Josh Smith - Player for the Houston Rockets of the NBA.
- "The History of John McEachern High School". McEachern High School. Retrieved 2007-08-01.
- Cox, Kathy (2007-10-02). "Enrollment by Grade Level (PK-12): Fiscal Year 2008, Count 1 07 (FTE 2008-1)" (LIST). Full-time Equivalent (FTE) Data Collection System. Georgia Department of Education. Retrieved 2007-11-26.
- http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/accessatlanta/movies/entries/2008/05/16/. Missing or empty
- Third Day Site
- http://powdersprings.patch.com/articles/from-powder-springs-to-tv-star. Missing or empty
- McEachern High School official site