|Town of McLennan|
|Municipal district||Municipal District of Smoky River No. 130|
|• Mayor||Donald Regier|
|• Governing body||McLennan Town Council|
|• Total||3.58 km2 (1.38 sq mi)|
|Elevation||625 m (2,051 ft)|
|• Density||226.2/km2 (586/sq mi)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
The town lies on the southern shore of Kimiwan Lake, and north of Winagami Lake. Winagami Lake Provincial Park is located 29 km (18 mi) south of McLennan.
In the 2011 Census, the Town of McLennan had a population of 809 living in 291 of its 342 total dwellings, a -1.8% change from its 2006 population of 824. With a land area of 3.58 km2 (1.38 sq mi), it had a population density of 226.0/km2 (585.3/sq mi) in 2011.
According to the 2006 census:
- population of 824 living in 326 dwellings, a 2.5% increase from 2001.
- land area of 3.58 km2 (1.38 sq mi)
- population density of 230.4/km2 (597/sq mi).
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- "Alberta Private Sewage Systems 2009 Standard of Practice Handbook: Appendix A.3 Alberta Design Data (A.3.A. Alberta Climate Design Data by Town)" (PDF). Safety Codes Council. January 2012. pp. 212–215 (PDF pages 226–229). Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- Statistics Canada (Census 2006). "McLennan - Community Profile". Retrieved 2007-06-12. Check date values in:
|Grande Prairie||Kathleen||High Prairie|