McMinnville High School
|McMinnville High School|
|615 NE 15th Street
McMinnville, Oregon, Yamhill County, 97128
|School district||McMinnville School District|
|Number of students||1748|
|Color(s)||Red, black, and white |
|Athletics conference||OSAA Pacific Conference 6A-5|
Prior to 1876, high school students in the McMinnville attended school at McMinnville College. From 1876 to 1910, McMinnville offered a two-year high school education through the Cook School (a single schoolhouse incorporating all grades). High school students took courses on the top floor of the building. The current four-year high school program was adopted in the fall of 1910 with the opening of McMinnville High School. It is to this school that the current McMinnville High School traces its lineage.
The oldest wing of the current high school opened in 1956, and has since been remolded ten times to accommodate the growing student population of McMinnville, Oregon. The building was most recently remodeled in 2009.
Engineering & Aerospace Sciences Academy
Engineering and Aerospace Sciences Academy (EASA) is a specialized program at McMinnville High School that offers students specialized courses in engineering and aerospace science. Students are instructed by engineers and technicians who lecture, serve as resources for student research, and work with students on a variety of real and simulated technical problems and projects.
Boys Swimming: 1997, 1998, 2002
Girls Swimming: 1957, 2003, 2004
Girls Track & Field: 1996
- Boys soccer: 2006, 2011
- Boys basketball: 1979 (led by future NBA player Charlie Sitton)
- Girls tennis: 1955, 1956, 1957
- "Oregon School Directory 2008-09". Oregon Department of Education. p. 139. Retrieved 2009-05-28.
- "Celebrating A Century - Or Not?". Yamhill County News Register. 2010-12-28.
- "Mac High to show off new space". 2009-08-29.
- I Would Only Rob Banks for My Family; article; Skip Hollandsworth; June 2014 issue; Texas Monthly; accessed May 2014
- "State releases high school graduation rates". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Oregon dropout rates for 2008". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "McMinnville High School:Engineering and Aerospace Sciences Academy". McMinnville School District. Retrieved 2011-01-20.
- "OSAA Boys Soccer Championship". Oregon School Activities Association. Retrieved 2008-06-23.
- "OSAA Boys Basketball Championship". Oregon School Activities Association. Retrieved 2008-06-23.
- "OSAA Girls Team Tennis Championship". Oregon School Activities Association. Retrieved 2008-06-23.
|This Oregon school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|