||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (November 2010)|
|Me Talk Pretty|
|Origin||New York City|
Me Talk Pretty also known by the acronym MTP or "MeTalkPretty" is a Rock band from New York, New York. The band was formed in 2006 by Uliana Preotu (lead vocals), Leon (guitar/keyboards) and James Kluz (drums). Nate Meng (bass) joined in 2008. Guerin Blask (drums) joined in 2010, and Kevin Coffrin (bass) joined in 2011.
The band’s debut EP RUBY, produced and mixed by Arun Venkatesh, was independently released in 2008. After playing hundreds of local and regional shows, Me Talk Pretty took their show nationally, with several appearances on the Vans Warped Tour in 2008 and 2009, including the SXSW Music Conference and CMJ Music Conference. After garnering a lot of interest based on “RUBY”, the band wrote and released a 3-song demo, produced by Arun Venkatesh and mixed by Mike Plotnikoff.
On Sept 11, 2009, the band won the MTV Video Music Award for Best Breakout Band NYC. Shortly thereafter, on October 4, 2009 they began to record their debut record with Noah Shain. On February 1, 2010, the band announced via their Facebook page that they signed to Eight O Five Records/Fontana Distribution/Universal Music Group, and have finished their debut record entitled We Are Strangers.
We Are Strangers
The single "Wake Up" was released in June 2010 and was featured in:
"We Are Strangers" came out in April 2011. The band has spent all of 2011 touring. They performed with Taproot, Pop Evil, and joined the Polar Opposite Tour with Sick Puppies, Framing Hanley, Adelitas Way, the KILL TH3 MACHIN3 with Red, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, and Oh No Fiasco, and on the Anticipation Tour 2011 with Alien Ant Farm.
Me Talk Pretty announced plans in 2011 for their first headlining tour entitled, The Wake Up! Tour. They will be bringing out Madina Lake, Hell Or Highwater, and New Years Day. with dates scheduled from November 26 through Dec 23, 2011. The tour will continue with Hawthorne Heights and Madina Lake from January 19 to February 13, 2012.
MTP recently announced that they disbanded. Uliana, Leon, and Guerin reformed into a new band called Cilver (cilverband.com). They have released one demo. According to the official facebook page, the band is in the studio recording new material for Cilver's debut record.
MTVu 's The Freshmen (won)
2009 MTV VMA Best Breakout Band NYC (won)
2008 Sabian Dream Spot Competition (won)
2009 Denny’s All Nighter /Filter Magazine Winners
September 2009 AOL Music Unsigned Band of The Month
October 2009 Victoria's Secret Pink Band of The Month
- "Me Talk Pretty Talks "We Are Strangers"". ArtistDirect.com. 2011-11-23. Retrieved 2012-10-06.
- "MeTalkPretty Release We Are Strangers EP". TheAudioPerv.com. 2010-07-27. Retrieved 2012-10-06.
- "Perfect Strangers". ASCAP.com. 2010-07-16. Retrieved 2012-10-06.
- "CONGRATS TO MTV’S LOCAL VMA BEST BREAKOUT ARTIST WINNERS". OurStage Magazine. 2009-09-14. Retrieved 2012-10-06.
- "MeTalkPretty: We Are Strangers (2010)". Shakefire.com. 2010-06-10. Retrieved 2012-10-06.
- "NHL 2010 Soundtrack Revealed". Capitals Kremlin. 2009-07-27. Retrieved 2012-10-06.
- "Indie Spotlight: MeTalkPretty". BMI, Inc. 2010-07-21. Retrieved 2012-10-06.
- "Home -> Songs -> Wake Up by Me Talk Pretty". RockBand.com. 2010-08-10. Retrieved 2012-10-06.
- "Me Talk Pretty Announce Fall Headline Tour". The Audio Perv. 2011-09-07. Retrieved 2012-10-06.
- "MeTalkPretty Wins TheFreshmen". MTVu.com. 2010-07-16. Retrieved 2012-10-06.