Me and My Girl (TV series)
|Me and My Girl|
Series One Titles
|Created by||Keith Leonard
|Theme music composer||Peter Skellern|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||6|
|No. of episodes||52|
|Running time||25 minutes per normal episode.|
|Original run||31 August 1984– 4 November 1988|
Me and My Girl was a 1980s British television situation comedy starring Richard O'Sullivan, which centred on the challenges faced by a widower raising his adolescent daughter. It was broadcast on ITV between 1984 and 1988.
Created by Keith Leonard and John Kane, the show was made by London Weekend Television for ITV from 1984 to 1988. It starred Richard O'Sullivan as Simon Harrap and Joanne Ridley as Samantha. Simon runs an advertising agency called Eyecatchers and the series centres around his relationship with his daughter, his business partner Derek Yates played by Tim Brooke-Taylor and a string of romantic liaisons. Simon's mother-in-law Nell would frequently interefere in his attempts to raise Samantha alone, but usually had her granddaughter's best interests at heart.
The opening sequence was filmed at Three Cliffs Bay, Gower.
- Richard O'Sullivan … Simon Harrap
- Tim Brooke-Taylor … Derek Yates
- Joan Sanderson … Nell Cresset
- Joanne Ridley … Samantha Harrap
- Leni Harper … Madeleine 'Maddie' Dunnock
- Sandra Clarke … Isobel McClusky
- Joanne Campbell … Liz
All episodes listed with their original ITV broadcast date.
Network still has aspirations to release all six series of the show on DVD in the future.
|The Complete Series 1||TBA|
|The Complete Series 2||TBA|
|The Complete Series 3||TBA|
|The Complete Series 4||TBA|
|The Complete Series 5||TBA|
|The Complete Series 6||TBA|
|The Complete Series 1 to 6 Box Set||TBA|
References and notes
- Episode included sub-plot about Samantha wanting her ears pierced was included because Joanne Ridley had asked the producers if she could have her ears pierced. A few minutes before the final scene was shot, Ridley had her ears pierced specially by the make-up artists.