Me and Tennessee
|"Me and Tennessee"|
|Single by Tim McGraw with Gwyneth Paltrow|
|from the album Country Strong|
|Released||February 22, 2011|
|Tim McGraw singles chronology|
"Me and Tennessee" is the title of a song written by Chris Martin and recorded by Tim McGraw and Gwyneth Paltrow. It is included on the soundtrack to the 2010 film Country Strong, in which the two star. It peaked at number 34 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart and at number 63 on the UK Singles chart.
McGraw said that he had difficulty recording the song with Paltrow because he thought that "it's such a moving song" and said that he wanted to sing as well on it as she did. The song is the final cut on the Country Strong soundtrack. Paltrow's husband, Chris Martin of Coldplay, wrote it.
Blake Boldt of The 9513 gave the song a "thumbs down", calling the lyrics "hackneyed" and saying that the song "moves along without pause or purpose." Bobby Peacock of Roughstock was more positive, rating the song three-and-a-half stars out of five. He wrote that it was a "by-the-numbers breakup song, but the execution is where it shines", and praised both McGraw's and Paltrow's vocals and the "darker" sound.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||34|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||63|
- Bonaguro, Alison (9 March 2011). "OFFSTAGE: Tim McGraw Trying to Keep Up With Gwyneth Paltrow". CMT. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- "Gwyneth Paltrow, Tim McGraw Record Chris Martin Song for Country Strong". CMT. 28 September 2010. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- Boldt, Blake (9 March 2011). "Tim McGraw & Gwyneth Paltrow — "Me and Tennessee"". The 9513. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- Peacock, Bobby (22 February 2011). "Tim McGraw & Gwyneth Paltrow — "Me and Tennessee"". Roughstock. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- "Illegal name entered Tim McGraw with Gwyneth Paltrow/Tim+McGraw+with+Gwyneth+Paltrow/chart?f=357 Tim McGraw with Gwyneth Paltrow Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Tim McGraw with Gwyneth Paltrow.
- "Tim McGraw with Gwyneth Paltrow" UK Singles Chart.