Meadow River Wildlife Management Area
|Meadow River Wildlife Management Area|
|West Virginia Wildlife Management Area|
American Woodcock (Scolopax minor) may be found in the Meadow River WMA
|Elevation||2,401 ft (731.8 m) |
|Area||2,385 acres (965.2 ha) |
|Management||Wildlife Resources Section, WV Division of Natural Resources|
|Owner||WVDNR and WV Division of Highways|
|IUCN category||IV - Habitat/Species government Area|
|Nearest town||Rupert, West Virginia|
Meadow River Wildlife Management Area, is located near Rupert, West Virginia in Greenbrier County. Occupying 2,385 acres (965 ha) of river bottomland, the WMA is located along the Meadow River and consists mainly of wetlands habitat.
Hunting and Fishing
Fishing is available in the Meadow River.
Camping is not available in the WMA. Camping is available in nearby Babcock State Park.
- Acme Mapper 2.0, Meadow River WMA, retrieved December 12, 2008
- "Meadow River WMA page". West Virginia DNR website. WV Division of Natural Resources. Retrieved December 12, 2008.
- West Virginia DNR District 4 Wildlife Management Areas
- West Virginia Hunting Regulations
- West Virginia Fishing Regulations