Meaghers Grant, Nova Scotia
Meaghers Grant is a rural community in the Musquodoboit Valley region of the eastern Halifax Regional Municipality Nova Scotia on Route 357 . The community is located on the Musquodoboit River and the economy is mainly farming and forestry. It is approximately 45 minutes away from Halifax, the province's capital city. The River Oaks Golf course is located there.
- Meagher's Grant Fire Hall
- River Oak's Golf Course and Lodge
- Old Mechanical Garage (Previous owner: Weldon Cole)
- Meagher's Grant United Church
- Meagher's Grant Community Hall
Meagher's Grant was land owned by Captain Martin Meagher (pronounced Mar) in the 18th century. John Dunbrack was the first person to build a frame house in the Meagher's Grant area, and he and his wife were granted Gibraltar, an area south of Meagher's Grant by Captain Martin Meagher in 1786.
- Reid, Jennie. "Musquodoboit Pioneers: A Record of Seventy Families, Their Homesteads and Genealogies 1780 - 1980". Nova Scotia GenWeb Project. Retrieved 11 February 2013.
|This Halifax County, Nova Scotia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|