||This article uses bare URLs for citations, which may be threatened by link rot. (August 2014)|
Workmen preparing to demolish the Astoria in October 2008. The entrance to Astoria 2 is on the right of the building under scaffolding.
|Location||Soho, London, England|
The venue was in the basement of the London Astoria and connected by stairways, so that the two venues could function as a single venue when needed. Like the Astoria, the venue was used for live music as well as night club promotions.
In June 2006, the Mean Fiddler was sold — together with the London Astoria — to property group Derwent Valley Central, who planned to convert the site into a combination of shops and offices.
In January 2009, the property was compulsorily purchased for Crossrail. Astoria 2 had a closing party, headlined by rock band Open The Skies, with support from Outcry Fire, F.A.T.E and Orakai. The final club night PUSH was held the following day on 15 January 2009, with Cajun Dance Party and Good Shoes being the very last acts to play at Astoria 2. The entire venue has now been demolished.
- Against Me! recorded their live album Americans Abroad!!! Against Me!!! Live in London!!! at the venue on 21 March 2006.
- Enter Shikari recorded their three shows at the venue on 2, 3 and 4 November 2008. The DVD was released with a special edition of their second album Common Dreads.
- Razorlight recorded 6 tracks at the FROG clubnight in 2004, which was released as a bonus DVD to their debut album, Up All Night.
- LyricalWax (2013-11-26). "Concerts at Astoria 2, London –". Last.fm. Retrieved 2014-08-20.
- Thomas, Daniel (2006-06-23). "Derwent Valley buys West End's Astoria | News - print". Property Week. Retrieved 2014-08-20.
- United Kingdom. "Last PUSH at the Astoria 2 at Astoria 2 (London) on 15 Jan 2009 –". Last.fm. Retrieved 2014-08-20.