From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up meander in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A meander is a bend in a river.
Meander may also refer to:
- Meander, Tasmania, Australia
- Meander River (Tasmania), Australia
- Meander Valley, Tasmania, Australia
- Maeander River (or Meander River), a historical name of the Büyük Menderes River in Turkey
In other fields:
- Meander (mythology), a river god in Greek mythology and patron of the Maeander River in Turkey
- Meander (art), a decorative border constructed from a continuous line, shaped into a repeated motif
- Meander (mathematics), a self-avoiding closed curve which intersects a line a number of times
- Meander (surveying), a type of surveying in which boundary lines attempt to follow some non-linear natural feature, such as a river or lake edge
- Meander (album), the first album of the band Carbon Leaf
- HMS Maeander, the name of two ships of the Royal Navy
- Not to be confused with Menander (disambiguation).
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.