Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Bob Logan|
|Produced by||Donald P. Borchers
|Written by||Bob Logan|
|Music by||Steve Hunter|
|Edited by||Peter H. Verity|
|Distributed by||Moviestore Entertainment|
|Running time||84 min|
Meatballs 4 (also known as Meatballs 4: To the Rescue) is a 1992 film that was the fourth and final installment to the Meatballs series of films. It was shot in its entirety at Bass Lake, California in the late summer of 1991. Originally conceived as a comedy-drama titled Happy Campers, the project was retooled after production had begun to be part of the Meatballs franchise.
The film received mostly negative reviews.
Ricky is the hottest water-ski instructor around and he has just been rehired by his former employer/camp to whip up attendance. However, the camp is in serious financial trouble and the owner of a rival, more popular, camp wants to buy them out. Thus, the two camps engage in a winner-take-all competition that will settle the rivalry once and for all.
- Corey Feldman - Ricky Wade
- Sarah Douglas - Monica Shavetts
- Jack Nance - Neil Peterson
- Steven M Bradley- Nelson Beyers (Ski Judge)
- Bojesse Christopher- Wes Ford
- Brad Grunberg- Victor Thigpen (aka Johnny Cocktails)
- J. Trevor Edmond- Howie Duncan
- Paige French- Jennifer Lipton
- John Mendoza- Dick
- Bentley Mitchum- Kyle Linck
- Deborah Tucker- Kelly Peterson
- Frank Walton- Nunzio
- Cristy Thom- Hillary
- Brian Christensen- Michael Peltz
- Jo Farkas - Bus Driver
- Monique Noel - Lovelie #1 (cedited as Monique de Lacy)
- "Meatballs 4 (1992): Did You Know?". The Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 11 December 2012. "The film was originally entitled "Happy Campers" but just before its scheduled release, the producers changed the name to "Meatballs 4" in an effort to cash in on the popularity of the "Meatballs" franchise."
- Harris, Will (10 December 2012). "Random Roles: Corey Feldman on child actors, his favorite roles, and the Goonies sequel". The A.V. Club. Retrieved 11 December 2012.