In the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy roleplaying game, the meazel is a type of fictional monster.
The meazel first appeared in the original first edition Fiend Folio (1981).
The meazel appeared for the Forgotten Realms setting in second edition in Monstrous Compendium Volume Three: Forgotten Realms Appendix (1989), and was reprinted in Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume Three (1996). A unique Meazel, Salizarr, appeared for the Ravenloft setting in Monstrous Compendium Ravenloft Appendix II: Children of the Night (1993), which was reprinted in Ravenloft Monstrous Compendium Appendices I & II (1996).
The meazel appeared in third edition in Monsters of Faerûn (2001).
The meazel appeared in fourth edition in the Monster Manual 3 (2010).
The meazel is a vicious, malevolent monstrous humanoid creature that preys on other subterranean dwellers.
In the Forgotten Realms, meazels are most commonly found in the Vast Swamp, although they have been known to be found in the sewer system of some cities (for example Westgate).
- ^ Turnbull, Don, ed. Fiend Folio (TSR, 1981)
- ^ Conners, William, et al. Monstrous Compendium Volume Three: Forgotten Realms Appendix (TSR, 1989)
- ^ Pickens, Jon, ed. Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume Three (TSR, 1996)
- ^ a b c Wyatt, James and Rob Heinsoo. Monstrous Compendium: Monsters of Faerûn (Wizards of the Coast, 2001)
- ^ Mearls, Mike, Greg Bilsland, and Robert J. Schwalb. Monster Manual 3. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2010