Mechtild Rothe (born on 10 August 1947 in Paderborn) is a German politician and Member of the European Parliament with the Social Democratic Party of Germany, part of the Socialist Group and sits on the European Parliament's Committee on Industry, Research and Energy.
She is a substitute for the Committee on Foreign Affairs, a member of the Delegation for relations with the countries of south-east Europe and a substitute for the Delegation to the EU-Turkey Joint Parliamentary Committee.
- 1965-1974: Trained and employed as a chemical laboratory technician
- 1974-1978: studied German and social sciences
- 1978 and 1981: first and second state examination for lower secondary teaching
- 1978-1984: teacher
- since 1984: Member of the European Parliament
- Vice-Chair of the SPD group in the European Parliament
- 1999-2004: Delegation Chair of the EU - Cyprus Joint Parliamentary Committee
- 2002-2004: Member of the Group Bureau
- Personal profile of Mechtild Rothe in the European Parliament's database of members
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (German)
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|