|Headquarters||Palo Alto, California, U.S.|
|Key people||Borge Hald, CEO
Amy Pressman, President
Douglas Leone, Board Member
|Products||Customer Experience (CX) Software|
Medallia provides Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Customer Experience Management (CEM) and Enterprise Feedback Management (EFM) software and services to hospitality, retail, financial services, high-tech, and business-to-business (B2B) companies in the United States and internationally.
As part of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM or Social CRM) program, Medallia’s cloud-based Customer Experience (CX) software platform captures voice of the customer feedback across Web, social, mobile, and contact center channels, analyzes it in real-time, and delivers action workflows to executive, central and front-line teams for customer satisfaction, customer loyalty, Net Promoter scores and overall business performance.
Medallia offers a platform for survey, social, text, written and online feedback. The software analyzes feedback from Facebook, Twitter, and other major review sites (e.g., TripAdvisor) alongside solicited feedback data from surveys and contact centers.
In addition to social media feedback and analysis, as well as mobile feedback and engagement, capabilities of the Medallia product include survey creation and management, text analytics and dashboarding, and direct goals and action management.
Medallia was founded in 2001. The founders were consulting to executives of Fortune 500 companies when they saw a direct relationship between customer loyalty and companies’ commercial success, which formed their inspiration for Medallia.
Medallia is a closely held private company. In September 2012, Medallia received $35 million from Sequoia Capital as part of its first institutional funding round, with an additional $20 million in Series B in February 2013.
- Milo, Moryt (2013-05-17). "Great businesses lean forward, respond fast". Silicon Valley Business Journal. Retrieved 2013-06-30.
- "Medallia Launches Social Feedback Solution". Retail TouchPoints. 2013-01-15. Retrieved 2013-06-03.
- Sechrist, Steve (2011-10-14). "Medallia Customer Experience App Going Mobile, Supports Voice". CMSWire. Retrieved 2013-06-03.
- Mitra, Sramana (2013-05-07). "Love and Startups". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2013-07-01.
- Gage, Deborah (2012-09-26). "Medallia Aims to Improve Service at Big Companies With $35M From Sequoia". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2013-06-03.
- Rao, Leena (2012-09-26). "Customer Experience Management And Analytics SaaS Company Medallia Raises $35M From Sequoia". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2013-06-03.
- Call Center
- Contact Center
- Customer Experience (CX)
- Customer Feedback Management Services
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer service
- Douglas Leone
- Enterprise Feedback Management (EFM)
- Loyalty Business Model
- Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Reputation Management
- Sequoia Capital
- Social CRM
- Text Analytics
- Voice of Customer (VoC)