|Motto||Dedicated to life|
|Founder(s)||Dr. Naresh Trehan|
|Type||Privately owned medical institute|
|Location||Sector – 38, Gurgaon, Haryana 122 001, North India|
Medanta (The Medicity) is a large multi-specialty medical institute located in Gurgaon in the National Capital Region of India. It was established in 2009, with cardiac surgeon, Naresh Trehan as its chairman and managing director.
The hospital was founded by cardiac surgeon Dr. Naresh Trehan, who became its chairman and managing director. After an initial estimated cost of 932 crore (US$160 million) funded by bank syndication which consisted of YES Bank, Allahabad Bank, Dena Bank, Punjab & Sind Bank and State Bank of Hyderabad; it opened in October 2009, at a cost of 1200 crore (US$200 million). The Institute was created to high standards of medical care along with clinical research, education, and training. Medanta spreads across 43 acres (17 ha), and includes a research center and medical and nursing school. It has 1,250 beds and over 350 critical care beds, with 45 operation theatres catering to over 20 specialties.
Medanta has been recognized with NABH standards i.e. the hospital is accredited by ISQua (International Society for Quality in Healthcare).
Medanta received JCI accreditation in 2013, which is considered the gold standard in global health care as JCI consultants are the most skilled and experienced in the industry.
Medanta-Institutes,Divisions & Departments
Medanta has 9 multi-specialty institutes and over 20 specialty divisions and departments,including:
- Medanta Heart Institute
- Medanta Institute of Neurosciences
- Medanta Bone & Joint Institute
- Medanta Kidney & Urology Institute
- Medanta Cancer Institute
- Medanta Institute of Critical Care & Anesthesiology
- Medanta Institute of Digestive & Hepatobiliary Sciences
- Medanta Vattikuti Institute of Robotic Surgery
- Medanta Institute of Liver Transplant & Regenerative Medicine
- Division of Endocrinology & Diabetes
- Division of GI & Bariatric Surgery
- Division of Peripheral Vascular & Endovascular Sciences
- Division of ENT & Head Neck Surgery
- Division of Gynaecology & Gynaec Oncology
- Division of Internal Medicine
- Division of Mental Health & Quality of Life
- Division of Ophthalmology
- Division of Plastic, Aesthetic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Division of Radiology & Nuclear Medicine
- Division of Chest clinic
- Department of Dental Surgery
- Department of Integrative Medicine & Holistic Therapies
- Department of Rheumatology & Clinical Immunology
- Department of Dermatology
- Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Liver Transplantation
- Department of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
- Department of Respiratory & Sleep Medicine
- Department of Transfusion Medicine (Blood Bank)
- Medanta Emergency and Trauma Care
- Medanta Breast Service
International Patient Services
Medanta provides international patient services, which includes all medical and non-medical services for the patients. The air-ambulance can be called in cases which require emergency evacuation and pick up for medical attention.
Medanta received the Healthcare Excellence Award for being the Multi Super Speciality Hospital and Research Centre of the year 2013.
Medanta won the Best Multi Specialty Tertiary Hospital award in the year 2013 in an event organized by VCCircle. This event recognised medical professionals who have not only scaled in terms of clinical and financial performance but also played a role in making a difference in patients’ lives.
Chairman & Managing Director of Medanta-The Medicity, Dr. Naresh Trehan was felicitated with the certificate of excellence in the field of cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgery.
Flying Doctors India
In June 2013, Medanta launched India's first state-of-the-art Air Ambulance,Flying Doctors India. Flying Doctors is first of its kind in the country with a noble cause attached with it. Its "PILATUS PC-12" aircraft is a dedicated air ambulance that can transfer any patient, anytime, anywhere from India and abroad with a goal to provide critical care at the time of transit. As an extension to the Air Ambulance service, Medanta started Medanta Airport Clinic at Indira Gandhi International Airport Terminal 3. Both clinics, one at the arrival while the other at the departure booth are equipped with on-site doctor & outpatient services, including trauma centre with emergency beds and isolation room. Patients admitted at the Medanta Airport Clinic are given priority admission at Medanta-The Medicity.
- "Medanta – The Medicity".
- "Gurgaon hospital scores a first with robotic surgery". The Times of India. Nov 20, 2010. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- "Medanta has no effect on competitors". Sify. Mar 11, 2010. Retrieved April 23, 2013.
- "Magic of Medanta". Financial Express. Jul 19, 2010. Retrieved Apr 23, 2013.
- "Trehan’s hospital achieves financial closure". Financial Express. Jul 10, 2009. Retrieved April 23, 2013.
- "Operation Medanta". Sify. Jul 19, 2010. Retrieved April 23, 2013.
- "About "Medanta – The Medicity"".
- "JCI-Accredited Organizations".
- "Worldwide Achievers Felicitated the winners of healthcare excellence awards 2013".
- "Announcing the Winners of Debut VCCircle Healthcare Awards 2013".
- "3rd MT India Health Care Awards 2013".
- "Air-Evac on Call". Hindustan Times. Jun 9, 2013. Retrieved Aug 25, 2013.