Media Source Extensions
Youtube started using MSE with its HTML5 player in the September of 2013.
- Internet Explorer from version 11 on Windows 8. (2013 October) 
- Google Chrome since early 2013, also on Android.
- Safari 8 on OS X. 
Firefox is the only major browser still without support for MSE as of early February 2015, however a subset of the functionality is available for use with only YouTube in beta and developer versions.
- bitdash MPEG-DASH player for HTML5 MSE and EME, with Flash fallback
- dash-js for HTML5 MSE 
- dash.js for HTML5 MSE and EME 
- "Media Source Extensions W3C Candidate Recommendation". 17 July 2014. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- Anthony Park and Mark Watson (3 June 2013). "HTML5 Video in Safari on OS X Yosemite". Netflix.
- The Status of MPEG-DASH today, and why Youtube & Netflix use it in HTML5
- bitdash MPEG-DASH player for HTML5 and Flash
- dash-js of Alpen-Adria University Klagenfurt
|This World Wide Web–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This film technology article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|