Media history of China
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (November 2008)|
|History of China|
|Xia Dynasty c. 2100–c. 1600 BCE|
|Shang Dynasty c. 1600–c. 1046 BCE|
|Zhou Dynasty c. 1045–256 BCE|
|Spring and Autumn|
|Qin Dynasty 221–206 BCE|
|Han Dynasty 206 BCE – 220 CE|
|Three Kingdoms 220–280|
|Wei, Shu and Wu|
|Jin Dynasty 265–420|
|Western Jin||16 Kingdoms
|Southern and Northern Dynasties
|Sui Dynasty 581–618|
|Tang Dynasty 618–907|
|(Second Zhou 690–705)|
|5 Dynasties and
|Northern Song||W. Xia|
|Yuan Dynasty 1271–1368|
|Ming Dynasty 1368–1644|
|Qing Dynasty 1644–1911|
|Republic of China 1912–1949|
China on Taiwan
- China began making the first generation of electronic tube computer.
- The first computer technical journal, Developments in Electronic Computers, started publication in Beijing.
- The first computer technical conference was held in Shanghai.
- Completed make first generation of electronic tube computer (the computers were not actually made from tubes)
- The first transistorized computers (109B, DJS-21, 441B, DJS-5 and X-2) were launched, one after another in less than a year.
- A computer made in China (DJS-5) was sent abroad (to Japan) and exhibited to a foreign public for the first time.
- The third generation of middle or small-scale integrated circuit computer (1973–1980).
- The first large-scale integrated circuit computers, DJS-11 (or 150) and 655 (or TQ-6) went into operation.
- Chinese character information processing systems started to develop.
- Cangjie method: A system by which Chinese characters may be entered into the computer was invented by Chu Bong-Foo (朱邦復, pinyin: Zhū Bāngfù)
- The first national conference on computer applications was held.
- Powerful large scale computers and supercomputers were developed and manufactured and put to good use. Includes the Model 757 large-scale computer rated at 10 Mflops.
- GB2312 Code of Chinese Graphic Character Set for Information Interchange-Primary Set. It contains 7445 graphic symbols, including 202 common symbols, 60 serial numbers, 22 digits, 52 Latin letters, 169 Japanese Katakana, 48 Greece letters, 66 Russian letters, 26 Chinese phonetic symbols, 37 Chinese phonetic alphabet and 6763 simplified Chinese characters. It could be used character communication systems.
- The Shanghai Bureau of Education chose 8 elementary students and 8 middle-school students from each area, and gave them very basic computer training. This is the first experiment using a computer in Children's education.
- The New Technology Developer Inc. (the predecessor of the Legend Group) funded by the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- In September, China sent out first email: "Across the Great Wall we can reach every corner in the world."
- The first 386 microcomputer GreatWall 386 came to market.
- First computer virus was found
- Prof. Werner Zorn from Karlsruhe University/Germany registered the Country Code Top Level Domain .CN.
- Top/level Domain .cn was temporally located on the server at University of Karlsruhe, Germany.
- NCFC connected to the Internet Since then, China has been officially recognized as a country with full functional Internet accessibility.
- The High Energy Physics Institute, CAS, set up China's first web server and made the first set of web pages.
- Dawn BBS, the first Bulletin Board System in the Chinese mainland was opened by National Research Center for Intelligent Computing Systems.
- About 20% of the PC market was accounted for by home computers.
- Directorate General of Telecommunications began to provide Internet accessing services from then on, the Internet began its commercialization process in China.