Media in Hamilton, Ontario
On September 19, 2007, the CBC organized a meeting in Hamilton at the Convention Centre to discuss the idea of bringing a new radio station to the city, citing that "Hamilton was the largest, and most underrepresented city in the country in terms of media coverage." In early 2012, the CBC confirmed its final plans for a new local news service in Hamilton; see "web" section below for further details.
- AM 820 - CHAM, ("Funny 820"), comedy
- AM 900 - CHML, news/talk
- AM 1150 - CKOC, oldies/classic hits
- FM 93.3 - CFMU, McMaster University campus radio
- FM 94.7 - CHKX, ("KX 94.7"), country
- FM 95.3 - CING, ("95.3 Fresh FM"), hot adult contemporary
- FM 101.5 - CIOI, Mohawk College campus radio
- FM 102.9 - CKLH, ("K-Lite FM"), adult contemporary
- FM 107.9 - CJXY, ("Y108"), active rock (licensed to Burlington but marketed toward Hamilton)
Most of Toronto's radio stations also cover Hamilton.
To see a list of defunct radio stations in Hamilton, see Canadian Communications Foundation.
CBC, Radio-Canada and TVOntario service are received directly from the networks' Toronto transmitters; Global service is received from CIII's re-broadcaster in Paris; CTV service may be received either from CFTO-DT Toronto or CKCO-DT Kitchener (both stations are normally available on local cable systems).
In addition, most of the Buffalo, New York stations easily reach Hamilton.
- Hamilton Spectator The city's main daily newspaper. Established in 1846, it has a daily circulation over 100,000 and over 300,000 weekly readers. It is owned by Metroland Media Group, a division of Torstar
- Hamilton Community News, formerly known as Brabant Newspapers, publishes weekly editions for Mountain News, Ancaster News, Dundas Star, and Stoney Creek News  (now owned by Metroland Media Group).
- Hamilton Arts & Letters (an online magazine published by Samizdat Press) 
- View Magazine (local entertainment weekly)
- Hamilton Magazine (published by Town Media, recently sold to Osprey Media)
- Biz Magazine (also published by Town Media)
- H Magazine
- Urbanicity (published by Martinus Geleynse | creator Reg Beaudry) 
- Mayday Magazine, a publication of the Sky Dragon Centre 
- Greater Hamilton Musician Annual, a printed compilation of local music news 
- Gusto Magazine A free monthly independent wellness magazine for Hamilton Ontario | creator Amy Bonin 
- Caledonia Grand River Sachem Glanbrook Gazette
- Flamborough Review Inc
- Coffee News - Ancaster Edition
- Coffee News - Dundas/Westdale Edition
- Coffee News - Waterdown Edition
In 2012, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation announced its plans for a new local news service in Hamilton. With the Hamilton area already within the broadcast range of CBC Radio and CBC Television's services in Toronto, it was not financially or technically feasible for the public broadcaster to launch new conventional radio or television stations in Hamilton; accordingly, the corporation has developed a new model, with Hamilton as its test project, to launch a local digital service that would be accessible on the Internet and telecommunications devices such as tablets and smartphones. The project launched in May 2012.
Local web sites include:
- Hamilton Scores! - Hamilton Amateur Sports News 
- Here Magazine - Dedicated to local news, mostly arts based 
- Hamilton Tigers - Dedicated to bringing the NHL back to Hamilton 
- Hamilton Music Awards - Annual Music Awards for Bands/ Artists from the Hamilton region 
- Greater Hamilton Musician - News for musicians and the music trade in Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville and Brantford. Reviews, interviews 
- Raise the Hammer - Dedicated to sustainable urban revitalization 
- MenusOnly.com - Hamilton restaurant menus and coupons
- CBC Hamilton
- Software Hamilton - Covers Hamilton-area technology industry
- "Hamilton at the top of CBC's list". (www.raisethehammer.org). Retrieved 2008-01-25.
- Former Hamilton/Niagara Area Radio Stations - Canadian Communications Foundation.
- "CBC announces location of Hamilton service". Broadcaster, February 8, 2012.
- Dunphy, Bill (2012-05-09). "CBC Hamilton launches digital service". The Hamilton Spectator. Retrieved 2012-05-09.
YourHamiltonBiz.com - Daily online business news, division of Star Media Group