|Applied and experimental|
Media stylistics is a branch of functional stylistics (which is stylistics in its functional treatment) that studies the regularities of human language functioning in the speech of the communication media. Being multidisciplinary and involving many scientific fields, media stylistics can be as well considered a branch of media linguistics.
Media stylistics as a research approach is widely known in Eastern Europe and especially in Russia. The tractates of A. Vasileva, M. Kozhina, V. Kostomarov, L. Maydanova, I. Lysakova, K. Rogova, G. Solganik etc. have laid the foundations of Russian media stylistics.
Main problems of media stylistics
Modern media stylistics in Russia develops mainly as stylistics of media text. It tends to analyze the media text in all its complex integrative nature. The main particular problems of media stylistics are:
- the correlation between linguistic and extralinguistic in organization of media texts;
- the role of the author's voice in stylistic organization of media texts (G. Solganik, L. Kayda, L. Maydanova, N. Tsvetova, T. Shmeleva), their social (I. Lysakova) and genre (L. Duskaeva; I. Myasnikov; L. Maydanova, S. Kalganova, V. Konkov) typology;
- regularities of speech discovery of media texts as interaction of semantic positions (L. Duskaeva, T. Chernyshova), phatic (N. Kornilova, E. Chepkina, T. Chernyshova), polemic (L. Duskaeva, M. Kormilitsyna) and even hostile (E. Kakorina, V. Salimovsky, A. Skovorodnikov);
- sphere of concepts represented in media texts (E. Abramova, E. Malysheva, O. Orlova), their architectonics and composition (N. Bolotnova, L. Kayda, V. Konkov, N. Kuzmina);
- several expressive characteristics (T. Krasnova, M. Kormilitsyna) or their system (G. Bobrovskaya, G. Kopnina, A. Skovorodnikov; M. Kormilitsyna);
- idiostyle in a speech media environment (N. Bolotnova, M. Kormilitsyna O. Sirotinina), its textual (T. Matveeva) and functional semantics and stylistics (L. Duskaeva, T. Permyakova), intentional stylistics (L. Duskaeva, N. Tsvetova) and intentional (N. Klushina) categories - all those speech properties of texts which promote its effectiveness.
Along with stylistics of socio-political texts (V. Konkov, V. Salimovsky, G. Solganik, N. Klushina), the stylistics of journalistic leisure-texts develops (L. Duskaeva, N. Klushina, V. Konkov, E. Kara-Murza, T. Redkina, N. Tsvetova). The intentional-stylistic approach to the study of these texts developes extensively (V. Barbashov, L. Duskaeva, N. Kornilova, K.Prokhorova, N. Tsvetova) as well as stylistic approach to lingvo-etic problems (N. Bessarabova, T. Surikova, V. Suzdaltseva). As separate lines of media stylistics can be considered semiotic lingvostylistics of advertising texts (E. Kara-Murza), expert media stylistics (A. Baranov, E. Kara-Murza, M. Gorbanevsky, T. Chernyshova), stylistics of online media texts (E. Kakorina, T. Karpova).
- Duskaeva L. Media Stylistics: The New Concept or New Phenomenon // Russian Journal of Communication. 2011. № 4.
- Кожина М. Н., Дускаева Л. Р., Салимовский В. А. Стилистика русского языка. М.: Флинта, 2012. (in Russian)
- Дускаева Л. Р. Медиастилистика в России: традиции и перспективы / Журналистика и культура речи. 2011. № 3. C.7-25 - Медиалингвистика - ХХI век. - URL:http://rus.jf.spbu.ru/medialingvistika/2812/2948-11249.html (in Russian)