From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Medical instruments and implants)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2008)|
There are several basic types:
- Diagnostic equipment includes medical imaging machines, used to aid in diagnosis. Examples are ultrasound and MRI machines, PET and CT scanner equipment is used to maintain a patient's bodily function. This includes medical ventilators, anaesthetic machines, heart-lung machines, ECMO, and dialysis machines.
- Medical monitors allow medical staff to measure a patient's medical state. Monitors may measure patient vital signs and other parameters including ECG, EEG, blood pressure, and dissolved gases in the blood.
- Medical laboratory equipment automates or helps analyze blood, urine and genes.
- Diagnostic Medical Equipment may also be used in the home for certain purposes, e.g. for the control of diabetes mellitus
A biomedical equipment technician (BMET) is a vital component of the healthcare delivery system. Employed primarily by hospitals, BMETs are the people responsible for maintaining a facility's medical equipment.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Medical equipment.|
- Medical technology
- Medical device
- Durable medical equipment
- Home medical equipment
- Surgical instruments
- Medical test
- Medical grade silicone
- "ar·ma·men·tar·i·um". www.thefreedictionary.com. Retrieved 14 November 2013.